Author Topic: Sigmund Freud: "Anatomy is Destiny" (1924)  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Thank you to both of you, Dude and Justagirl. Believe me, it was not easy to be honest to myself. There were great expectations, these of my mother, my father, my wife ...
I understand completely!

I had the same pressures. 😬
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

BodyPos34B

Funny. I didn’t have any pressures growing up. Or expectation to be this or that but just enjoyed what I enjoyed and it was what it was. Didn’t feel any pressures till I got to where I am now. But we adapt, adjust and hope others do the same and accustom to things. 

Using a strap on hasn’t ever found it’s way for use for myself but my wife has been adamant in trying to use an extender for endurance and size and even when things don’t stay up I can keep it in place to try and give some enjoyment. 

We shouldn’t need to fool ourselves that breasts is all gynecomastia comes with. The estrogen dominance that prompted it has many issues that come along with it. We adapt adjust and hope those with us and around us do the same. 

Offline Justagirl💃

I know that there are some participants in this forum who don't like such open discussions. My advice for them is "don't read it". Some years ago we had very strict rules in this forum and I confess that I at that time defended them. But I've changed my mind since I noticed that there are many other topics that must be addressed in cases of gynecomastia. It is not useful for someone looking for advice to address only the physical dimension of this topic (some would call breasts in men a problem or even a disease, but I don't) but there are psychological and social implications as well.
The estrogen dominance changes much more than just the breasts. It molds our minds and personalities. 

To simply compliment people on their current bra, or answer the "do I have gyno?" questions we are simply scratching the surface. 

The social construct that surrounds us also tends to push us into 'hiding' ourselves when we have done nothing wrong. 
We force ourselves into paths that we feel uncomfortable with simply because of breast tissue growth or beyond. 

Most visiting this site simply have gynecomastia and ''some' estrogenic effects, others like myself have had low T their entire lives (mine because of intersex). 
Many traumatized either because of it, or exterior factors. 
Acceptance is becoming aware of this, and talking steps to remedy things. There is much more to sort than just "where do you buy your bras?"

BodyPos34B

Offline gotgyne

Very well said
So it is. I just commented on the thread but it vanished since I forgot to press the send button. Maybe better :). Have a good day! Here it's evening and I'll leave.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Justagirl💃

Wow 🤗

We got quite a bit out! 💞

I just want to remind members that I am not pushing anyone down any particular path. That is and should be very personal and individual. 

My path was basically a 'Homecoming' (as 42C calls it). 
Boy-mode was a charade that I lived under because of social pressures surrounding me and a traumatic childhood. 

💃 Womanhood is the real me that was part of my acceptance, it's not going to be for everyone. 

Just find your own comfort zone. 💞

I do accept PM's if someone needs to talk. 

Offline Johndoe1

For myself, as I have aged, not only have I gained in knowledge and wisdom and courage but physically, estrogen has worked on my breast size, libido and atrophy. I do take heart that women also are affected by estrogen in similar as well. Salma Hayak has been very vocal about as she has aged, her breast size has dramatically increased. Something she has mixed feelings about. I know some men ogle over her increase in size but I can't, knowing something of what she's probably feeling like about it. It's a sisterly kind of connection even though I will never meet her. I too have seen mine grow as well. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Justagirl💃

I have had breasts since puberty, and graduated just entering about a C cup. Adulthood brought me up to a D. 

Hormones hitting perimenopause levels a few years ago have brought a significant increase reaching DDD so far. This also comes with hot flashes and night sweats. 

I completely understand. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

I love this conversation.  We are finally arriving at the place where the rubber meets the road.  We're talking about everything related to our hormonal journey, including the psychological affects of being different in the ways each of us have been.  Sometimes those differences were related to our bodies, sometimes related to our circumstances.  Finding self-acceptance is never easy when we still see ourselves as defective/deficient.  In reality, we're simply different... whatever that means for each of us.  Once we find acceptance, life becomes much simpler.  All we have to do is BE ourselves and CARE for ourselves as people worthy of such care.  That really is what this side of the website is all about.

I couldn't help but think about the man who started this website decades ago.  He did have surgery and was happy about it.  I can't help but wonder where he is now.  Clearly, he is one of us, with a body and psyche that resided on the feminine side of the gender continuum.  His breasts were reduced in size, but what happened to all the estrogen that had been trying to express itself in his being?  I knew him in the past and could reach out to ask, but then it really is none of my business.  Unless he is lurking here behind an anonymous username, this really isn't something he is dealing with at the moment.  We each find our way.

The brassiere I'm wearing at the moment is doing an amazing job of shaping my voluptuous breasts.  The material in the cups is like silk.  I'm smitten.  I get to do that... 8)

Offline blad

I couldn't help but think about the man who started this website decades ago.  He did have surgery and was happy about it.  I can't help but wonder where he is now.  Clearly, he is one of us, with a body and psyche that resided on the feminine side of the gender continuum.  His breasts were reduced in size, but what happened to all the estrogen that had been trying to express itself in his being?  I knew him in the past and could reach out to ask, but then it really is none of my business.  Unless he is lurking here behind an anonymous username, this really isn't something he is dealing with at the moment.  We each find our way.
You are saying that you can check out any time you want but you can never leave? 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline 42CSurprise!

You are saying that you can check out any time you want but you can never leave?
I think when we really wrap our minds around what this is all about... the estrogen highway as Birdie describes it... trying to rid ourselves of breasts, for whatever reason... is likely a fools errand.  Unless one is committed to HRT aggressively, for the rest of his life, everyone will eventually have to pay the piper.  I was grateful when I told my doctor about breast growth and inquired about testosterone injections.  He dismissed the idea.  This is the old "you can't push a string up hill" moment.  When our body reduces testosterone levels the highway goes only one way, whether we like it or not.  I know the man who started this website is gay, something he has no hesitation about making clear.  I expect he wanted a hard body to play in that arena.  I doubt he got there.  (I checked his website and he makes reference to a second surgery because gynecomastia returned...)

It has been mentioned on this site that use of testosterone injections can have negative consequences.  This is what the Mayo Clinic has to say on the topic...

What are the risks of testosterone therapy for normal aging?

Testosterone therapy has various risks, including:
  • Worsening sleep apnea — a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts.
  • Causing acne or other skin reactions.
  • Stimulating noncancerous growth of the prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and growth of existing prostate cancer.
  • Enlarging breasts.
  • Limiting sperm production or causing testicles to shrink.
  • Stimulating too much red blood cell production, which contributes to the increased risk of forming a blood clot. A clot could break loose, travel through your bloodstream and lodge in your lungs, blocking blood flow (pulmonary embolism).

Also, some research shows that testosterone therapy can increase your risk of heart disease. More research is needed.

Imagine that!  Testosterone therapy can ENLARGE BREASTS.  I'm not sure there is any way to leave this hotel... :-*

BodyPos34B

A few of these reasons when explained to me by my GP at the time of getting lab work for when I first began showing, were key in declining and just trying to naturally rebalance things. 
Sometimes the corrective method does more damage than repair. 

Offline taxmapper

So this begs the question......

How many of you have gone through the "pimple" phase? 

(Im breaking out like a teenager).

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member

Using a strap on hasn’t ever found it’s way for use for myself but my wife has been adamant in trying to use an extender for endurance and size and even when things don’t stay up I can keep it in place to try and give some enjoyment.

We shouldn’t need to fool ourselves that breasts is all gynecomastia comes with. The estrogen dominance that prompted it has many issues that come along with it. We adapt adjust and hope those with us and around us do the same.
Even before my GRS, a strapon was a major player in intercourse for my wife and I. I am certain that my estrogen dominance was the reason for my impotence. She already owned a strapon for her to use on me rectally and the orgasim was absolutely mind blowing 🤯. At her suggestion I tried it on her and she loved the fact that I could penetrate her once again. 

While we each have our own to use on each other, with the nature of our relationship, hers gets A LOT more use on me.😌 And yes, if you are wondering I do orgasim with both rectaland vaginal sex. "She" works much better than "he" ever did.

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Justagirl💃

So this begs the question......

How many of you have gone through the "pimple" phase?

(Im breaking out like a teenager).
Perimenopause hormone levels have brought back acne, but only at certain times of the month. The last few days of the month and I break out. It coincides with breast sensitivity as well. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024