Author Topic: Puffy Nipples and Coldness  (Read 3282 times)

Offline foleeyy99

I'm 17 years old and have got very minor gynecomastia. Doctors in my area are extremely unhelpful and have told me to (I quote) "get over it" and that it's "not a genuine medical issue". My nipples are puffy and it disgusts me. Although, when my skin is cold, for example, after a cold shower, the skin on my chest tightens up and everything looks exactly how I'd like it to! To top that all off, it makes me proud of my physique! Is there anything I can do to ensure this tightness? Thanks!!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Puffy nipples are caused by breast tissue directly below the nipples -- it causes them to protrude.  In response to cold temps or physical/emotional stimulation, the skin of the nipples will tighten and temporarily push the breast tissue inwards, thereby providing you with a flat nipple.  Unfortunately, these changes are temporary -- and soon enough the nipples will puff out again.

There is no treatment for this condition other than surgery, which will remove the excess tissue and provide you with nipples which lies flat and flush with the surrounding skin at all times.  The only other alternative is to walk around while rubbing ice cubes on your nipples periodically (only kidding!).

Best to seek the opinion of an acknowledged expert in gyne surgery in your area.  Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline foleeyy99

I live in Ireland. Are you aware of any gyne experts or well acclaimed surgeons working with gynecomastia patients in the country? Thanks for your response

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, don't know of any experts in Ireland.  I do know that Dr. Karidis in London has an excellent reputation.

Dr Jacobs

Offline foleeyy99

Thank you very much! Unfortunately it's way too expensive to get the procedure done in the UK.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024