Author Topic: Recovery time for just excision?  (Read 4915 times)

Offline bull

• Posting Member
I lift weights since some years ago, I have very few fat, but I think I had puffy nipples, now I can afford the surgery, but I can´t take vacations, I work in an office, so I would like to know, how many days take the recovery of a excision, or an excision with a small lipo?, Can I go to the job the next day of the surgery? ???

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
i just had excision alone and id would say you need atleast 2 days off of work. i was working out doing light things 2.5 weeks after but no chest until 22 days after

Offline Spleen

I was back doing bench in 10 days.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
my doctor said i couldn't excercise for 6 weeks. mine was a small case of excision and lipo, ( the discomfort from lipo id say would be 1 week) but the nipple incisions are still a little sore sometimes. i think going to the gym earlier would probably safe if you heal fast like me but im not taking any chances.

Offline marmite

• Posting Member
If you're in an office I would take 2-3 days off after the surgery to get back into the swing of things.  Anesthesia can be a bitch sometimes, it effects everyone differently, I know i was really sleepy and my head was all fuzzy for 2 days afterwards.  Tylenol 3's made me even more tired but by day 4 I managed to switch to regular Tylenol/Advil.  Since you're in an office (hopefully a desk job) You should be able to manage.  Get more time off if you can though.

I had excision only on both sides and was pretty sore and immobile for a week.  Luckily I was able to take that week off and relax.

I wouldn't work out for at least 2 weeks and when you go back, start off light and work your way into it slowly.  Thats what my PS said to me.  That being said, I'd listen to your doc, he/she knows whats best for you and your situation.  Give your body time to heal.  Best to keep the heart rate and body temp down.  Minimizes any possible complications.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
are you guys happy with your results.. i mean excision only? because thats what im getting..

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
From where Late?  Which Dr.?

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I HAD A REVISION ON FRIDAY. IT WAS EXCISION ONLY AND I CAN GO TO WORK TOMORROW WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. I FEEL ABSOLUTELY FINE.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
how are the results now bob?
which doc did you get a revision from?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024