Author Topic: Need Help - Went from Very Large Breasts to Mainly Loose Skin  (Read 3242 times)

NeedHelp24

I am 24 and used to be 340 lbs at a height of 6'3. Now I weigh 170 lbs. My gyne used to be VERY severe, but now it is pretty much nonexistent. However, there is excess skin...a lot of it. all the excess skin looks almost as bad with the gyne...thus, i still suffer the same effects of gyne basically...cannot take off shirt, etc. When I have a shirt on, I look normal and skinny...when I lie on my back or hold my arms up, it looks almost normal, but shirtless just being normal...it is pretty bad...or bending over...wow...taht is SCARY looking...empty skin drooping while bending over!

I am wondering what my options are here. Are there plastic surgeons who can SKILLFULLY remove the excess skin and achieve something that is aesthetically pleasing, doesn't look hideous? I don't think I need any fat removed and cannot detect any glandular material--if there is any, it is minimal. I think my problem was mostly the weight. I know I got endo tests when I was 14 and nothing abnormal was detected, so I doubt it would change since then. I imagine fat deposits was the cause.

Anyway, I would say that i would need maybe 2.5 to 4 inches of skin removed. I assume that is a bit more than usual! Can they like remove the nipples, cut out that amount of skin, and then reattach the nipples...that to me would seem the most logical way of doing this and leave the least scarring. I want to have normal looking breasts so that I can take my shirt off in public!

I had always been overweight all my life, and have had extremely large breasts since I was 8 or 9. While my weight was 340, it was only that high for about 6 months, if even that...i had gone from 270 to that very quickly through massive overeating and obscene consumption of sugary pops, and then decided to start losing the weight and lost it very quickly about two years ago, through dedicated diet and exercise (i.e. cardio), which I still do daily.

Also -- I understand that gyne surgery is usually around $5 K minimum for something decent...what would be the costs for a surgery like mine since it may not require quite as much work--less, i would assume. I hope I can find something less since financially I could not hope to afford $5K for probably a year. Then again, I don't want to go somewhere cheap and get it done wrong just to save money.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

NeedHelp24

I live on the west coast of the United States.

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
you best bet is to hit up a PS get it straight from the horses ass! see what they say i know some drs won't do skin but some will

good luck man

NeedHelp24

Thanks for the comments. I have uploaded photos here. Any further comments appreciated. Thanks once again.

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024