Author Topic: possible Gyne diagnosis?  (Read 2031 times)

Offline rem

Have had a tender sore onbreast for a couple of months. Went to the doctor last week and he suggested that I had Gyne. To be safe and to appease me he scheduled a mammogram which I had and they did an ultrasound. The radioligist also suggested it was gyne but ordered a biopsy which I had yesterday. Needless to say I am a little nervous waiting for the biopsy results. Any words of encouragment?

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
I had the same thing done a while ago. They just want to make sure the gland/tissue is benign, but most likely you're fine.

Hope it all goes well... which I'm sure it will.

Offline rem

The results should be in tomorrow. I am hoping like heck its all benign. Keep your fingers crossed and thanks for the response. Having Gyne is nothing compared to the alternatives.
Thanks again.

Offline rem

Just got the biopsy results back from the breast center and they confirmed gyne. As a 50 year old guy that's been over wieght for 15 years it is no surprise. Does this go away on its own? What happens if I lose weight, will the symptoms disappear? What should I take to reduce the tenderness (pain) and swelling? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
I'm glad everything turned out okay.

As far as the gynecomastia going away, it's a yes and no answer. If you lose weight then the chest fat has a chance of going away, but the gland/tissue will stay unless you get surgery. I hope that makes sense.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024