Author Topic: post op recovery  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Asdru

hello out there im from greece and i've already done my gyno syrgery.i had the first level of gynecomastia back then with gland and lipo(no excess of skin though i'm fit i think).2 weeks post-op now and i see i little invertion of my left nipple.not much,but flatter than my right one(ps my left gland was bigger).my right nipple stands out as if it is on cold(nice i think).my question is if it is to early to judge the results of my doc.ps.when i opened the left nipple back on day 3-4 it looked like a mess.now my nipple started going on surface though not as pointy as the right one.also i feel a 'pulling' under my 'problematic' nipple.could the healing process resolve this?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's very early for you to be able to assess your final result, and that includes the shape and prominence of your nipples, which are quite likely also suffering from a compression garment, which can flatten them a little in the early phases of healing.  I see my patients back at a week post-op and then six weeks later, unless I have other concerns about their healing.  By the six to eight week mark, one can sometimes see if there's something that might need to be addressed in the future.  Fortunately, this is rare.  But at that point, the patients are done with compression, they're usually back into their pre-op exercise regimen, and other than some slight persistent swelling, which can take months to completely resolve, most patients are at a point that I'll at least take a post-op photo.  Give yourself some time, and if the asymmetry persists, then you may need to do something.  But there's no rush at this point.
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024