Author Topic: marijuana use post op  (Read 2650 times)

Offline thodalmic

• Posting Member
Hey so i have had my surgery done and it has been two months now, i couldn't be happier with the results. my endocrinologist had all my hormones examined pre-op and they said the cause was idiopathic. so now i am wondering if i can use marijuana again, my old habit was using it around 6 times a month.

I keep searching if it really causes gynecomastia online and everyone has a different opinion with no argument. some say it acts like estrogen, others say its just corporate science that influenced the research. i really don't know where to turn

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
There is no definitive answer because no real research has been done. Tons of things out there are estrogen inducing, so the choice is yours. I wouldn't do it in excess.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The subject of Marijuana has been brought up many times on these pages.

Since the government lists it the way it does and does not regard it as having any legitimate medical use, research has been lacking.

Marijuana has been linked to increases in estrogen levels and Gynecomastia does seem to be more common in users than in non users. Beyond that I have not seen convincing evidence of a proven cause and effect relationship. On the other hand, the drug has not been eliminated as a cause of Gynecomastia either.

Since you already know that you are prone to have enlarged breasts, Why would you want to play with a drug that even might cause that condition?
Grandpa Dan

Offline xelnaga13

I agree with the above. After my 2nd gyno surgery I wont even go near processed food. Ive never read anything definitive about gyno/pot, but I have read studies that suggest it negatively effects hormones.

Aside from the gyno issue, nothing positive comes from smoking pot. Across the board, everyone that I know that continued smoking pot after high school are now college drop outs, drunks, and general misfits. There comes a time when people part with pot, and their lives improve.

Offline Prowse

I agree with the above. After my 2nd gyno surgery I wont even go near processed food. Ive never read anything definitive about gyno/pot, but I have read studies that suggest it negatively effects hormones.

Aside from the gyno issue, nothing positive comes from smoking pot. Across the board, everyone that I know that continued smoking pot after high school are now college drop outs, drunks, and general misfits. There comes a time when people part with pot, and their lives improve.

Everything that you stated in your second paragraph is not only completely ignorant but not true at all. I know sooo many people that continue to smoke pot and have very successful careers and great lives and are most certainly not "dropouts, drunks, and general misfits." I think i would be spot on to say that you've never smoked weed or are a person that smoked a handful of times and now thinks he knows everything about it.

I will tell you it has definitive relationship with gyno and that if you smoke after surgery it will affect it. I had my surgery 9 days ago and thought maybe i would be alright to smoke a couple times and just 1 hoot. I am know seeing my nipples start to poke out like they did before and couldnt be more pissed about it. I will never again smoke weed in my life and am quite angry at the fact. But i care more about feeling normal and having decent self esteem again. If there is anything worse than having gynecomastia it's having to watch it come back again. Trust me, you will be extremely dissapointed with yourself if you smoke again and let it come back.

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
I can tell you that 9 days post op, is too soon to assume regrowth, from pot, which is highly doubtful as it does not effect your test/estrogen levels that much. In this early stage of recovery you are gonna go through many changes. There is no definitive proof that shows pot increases or causes gynecomastia. 

Offline xelnaga13

Everything that you stated in your second paragraph is not only completely ignorant but not true at all. I know sooo many people that continue to smoke pot and have very successful careers and great lives and are most certainly not "dropouts, drunks, and general misfits." I think i would be spot on to say that you've never smoked weed or are a person that smoked a handful of times and now thinks he knows everything about it.

I will tell you it has definitive relationship with gyno and that if you smoke after surgery it will affect it. I had my surgery 9 days ago and thought maybe i would be alright to smoke a couple times and just 1 hoot. I am know seeing my nipples start to poke out like they did before and couldnt be more pissed about it. I will never again smoke weed in my life and am quite angry at the fact. But i care more about feeling normal and having decent self esteem again. If there is anything worse than having gynecomastia it's having to watch it come back again. Trust me, you will be extremely dissapointed with yourself if you smoke again and let it come back.

I offered my opinion based on my personal experience. You stated that my opinion was ignorant and then responded with another opinion based on your personal experience. Seems a bit hypo ... never mind. Furthermore, your contention that my opinion of marijuana is not valid because I either A did not smoke pot or B only smoked a small amount further degrades your argument.

Then you proclaim that you know "definitively" that marijuana effects a gyno patient. However, you offer not evidence or study to support your claim. What you do offer ( once again) is your opinion based on your personal experience.

Additionally, your internet persona is a bit douchey.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As everyone can clearly see, The issue of Marijuana is a hot topic and most likely one that will not be resolved.

Some people are more likely to have Gynecomastia than others. Some people use Marijuana without ever having noticed breast enlargement but the condition does seem to be more prevalent in users than nonusers. There is a risk, but we really do not know the mechanics entirely.

Some people take delight in risky behaviour, Others prefer to play it safe. Where Gynecomastia is concerned, I think Marijuana use amounts to risky behaviour.

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
Not to mention that excessive use will wreak absolute hell on your respiratory system.

Offline Sirmacb

So after reading some of the threads around here I thought I would join and throw my two cents in..i first developed gyno in fifth grade but was completly unaware of any abnormality until sith grade when a fellow classmate exlamed ..look bryan has boobs!....ugh. Well we have probly all been there I would imagaine. it was difficult to deal with but I did and one of the ways was by using marijana which was not till  my earily high school years. So to be clear my personal opioin based soely on my experiance is that for me marijana was not the root cause ijust wanted to light up this subject so to speak. Ha at any rate it is pointless to argue a matter that is unprven for either side. We are all here for the same reason support and to have questoons answered. ...legalize it!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024