Author Topic: Where to go for a a diagnosis?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline BlueKiwi

  • Posting Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
I'm 17 and I've had gynecomastia since I was 13. That's 4 years and counting. I was never really diagnosed by a doctor. I diagnosed myself: I have the puffy nipples, those "disks" under the nipples and enlarged annoying breasts.

I want to get a surgery and I already found a great surgeon in my city and I was thinking about contacting his private plastic surgery clinique to schedule an appointment with him for a diagnosis and then the tests and finally the surgery.

Now.. should I go directly to him?

Or should I first consult with my general practitioner?
The thing is my GP and his family are great friends with my family and I wouldn't feel comfortable letting him and his family know about my condition.

Wow.. this came up A LOT longer than I expected haha.

But what I'm basically asking is:
Can I go directly to that plastic surgery clinique and get all the tests and the diagnosis done there?

Offline fnnewguy

  • Silver Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
MAke sure your P.S. is board certified and all that good stuff. He should be able to help you directly.


SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2023