Author Topic: puffy nipples and glands underneath since i was 12  (Read 3131 times)

Offline antonyb123

• Posting Member
Hi everyone, i know its just not me with this problem but since the age of 12 i have had ridiculously extruded nipple they probly stick out at least 15mm. i have been to a few doctors and all just told me this is normal bla bla bla, i'm not exagerating when i say they stick out 15mm and are at least 20mm wide. Underneath you can feel quite a big gland that just don't change size if anything has got bigger since the age of 12.
I work out alot at the gym 4 times a week for the last year gained some great muscle and actually got pecs... i was hoping this would eliminate the problem for me but now i just got big pecs and big nipples and a well defined rest of the body. My bf% is around 10% is there any other ways other than surgery to get rid of this? As all my doctors keep fobbing me off and saying its normal when quite clearly it is not as i got terrorised in school over it and caused me to get excluded a couple times for sticking up for myself. it has caused me great temper and confidence problems i have NEVER taken my top off in public even though people are continuously asking me why.. i even go to the point of selotaping them down when wearing a tight top, i have actually had enough of it now as im now 23 i think i have suffered them long enough.

i am 150 pound and 6ft
also how much will surgery be just to eliminate the puffy nipples no lipo ?

Thanks

Offline xelnaga13

Nice job putting your thoughts into words. Cost of surgery varies. Once you find a few good surgeons you'll need to schedule a consultation and get a quote. I suggest you get your parents on board as well.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
From age 12 to age 23 with puffy nipples?  Nope, they are not going to disappear by themselves and there is no treatment for the problem other than surgery.

In view of your height and weight, you obviously have no other fat on you.  Surgery for this situation can be tricky for if the surgeon simply removes the excess tissue, the stretched out areolar skin will have no where to go and it might just remain somewhat puffy, supported by built up scar tissue below it.  What needs to be done is to loosen and undermine the surrounding, normal appearing skin as well.  The surgeon can do it in any way that he deems appropriate.  I usually do it with my liposuction cannula -- but without suction -- just using it as a dissecting instrument.

Would strongly advise you to seek an experienced gyne surgeon if at all possible.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline antonyb123

• Posting Member
Hi thanks for your response, no there is very little fat on me. It angers me so much to think i might me stuck with this for the rest of my life i have looked about a bit online and seen prices online around 5000 pound i can't afford this :(. All i want is the glands taken out and my nipples to look like normal nipples like they should do, doe's anyone know roughly what price  i will be looking at for surgery for my situation in the UK, what about you Dr? How much would you normally charge. Is there anyway i can get this done for free by NHS i just need these out of my life now i need them gone for this summer i actually feel like doing the surgery on myself!!!!

Offline antonyb123

• Posting Member
also asif it can get any worse i only have one testicle as i had a football kicked at my nuts at the age of 6, could this be a cause as the doctors say it has nothing to do with my nips

Offline antonyb123

• Posting Member
will letro or nolva maybe help minimise this i just need anything now to reassure me  have to hide this from my girlfriend day in and day out

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The various drugs are effective (if at all) only with drug caused Gynecomastia and then as a preventative. Unless your Gynecomastia is new and the result of a drug side effect they are a waste of money.

True, there are people who argue strongly in favor of them. They claim that the drugs either prevented Gynecomastia from anabolic steroids or Cured gynecomastia due to medications like Finasteride. The claims are strong on anecdotes but weak on documentation.

To date there is not a medication that will ungrow healthy tissue selectively.

Grandpa Dan

Offline antonyb123

• Posting Member
oh ok that was what i beleived but at this stage of my life i want to have every hope in getting rid of this curse as possible, i have never took anabolic steroids or any steroids for that matter they have been there since i can remember, a little bit of extra info i can give is that i was overweight as a child at the age of 12 but drastically reduced weight from the age of 12 to 15 whether or not this may of caused the puffy nipples i am unsure. Anyone have any idea how much surgery costs in the uk ?

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
There is a UK forum on this site,maybe you can scan through it and see if there's some answers to your questions.

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
oh ok that was what i beleived but at this stage of my life i want to have every hope in getting rid of this curse as possible, i have never took anabolic steroids or any steroids for that matter they have been there since i can remember, a little bit of extra info i can give is that i was overweight as a child at the age of 12 but drastically reduced weight from the age of 12 to 15 whether or not this may of caused the puffy nipples i am unsure. Anyone have any idea how much surgery costs in the uk ?

Karidis & Levick seem to be the most popular (although there are prob other decent surgeons out there).

I went with Levick for ~£4k.

I just went with Levick because of the feedback he had - I didn't want to pay less for a less experienced surgeon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024