Author Topic: Post-op nipple sensitivity  (Read 3254 times)

Offline niptuck

Hello,

I would like to find out from men who've had successful surgeries about one thing: do they notice any difference in the sensitivity of their nipples after the surgery? My nipples are very important erogenous zones (despite my loathing of the size of my breasts) and any possible loss of sensitivity to the nipples due to surgery would be a point to consider.

Many thanks to anybody who could help.

Cheers.

Offline niptuck

Hi guys,

If it would help me get a reply, I'll say a little something about how I got gynecomastia.

I was 10, and I started to put on a little weight as every food item I saw, I wanted to try. And then my nipples started to become exteremely sensitive - so much so that it was very painful and noticed my breasts got larger and larger. By the time I was 13 I had lost the weight I gained but the breasts remained - so I walked with my shoulders drooping forward to try and cover the protudence that were my breasts. They're pointy, which makes them appear worse over 1 layer of clothing - so I wore 2, even in the summer... It was only a couple of years ago that  discovered the name of the condition, and that I'm noy alone and I've been thinking about surgery ever since. I once, a number of years ago, massaged my breasts so hard, figuring that it would 'melt the fat', that I got bruises for 2 weeks. I lost hope in losing them since even when I was weighing a mere 52 kg (8 st, and I'm 5' 4"), they were still there... now I weigh 65 kg (10 st) and they're bigger than ever...

Anybody who could help with my original question, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
speculation only, it may depend on technique.  i'd think an areolar incision for glandular might have more effect than a side entry for lipo, so check with a doc, but i'd think you had an even shot.  myself i'd trade sensitivity happily for flat, others would not, but respect what's important to you.   welcome to the boards.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
You will lose sensitivity for a while, could be months but it will eventually come back, Im a good few month post op and only recently has sensitivity come back.  As HHH said it depends how much you want rid of the moobs.  Personally i wouldnnt care it sensitivity didnt come back, but that is only my personal view and i respect your views.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
I'm 3 months post op and a little sensitivity has returned, but not all yet. I think this will take a while. I occasionally get some stabs of pain in the chest from time to time as part of the healing process, so I know I ain't there yet!

Areas of numbness across the chest seem to reduce over the months, but I don't know if it will return fully. As others have said though, I don't actually car e that much.
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
I'm.... ummm, not sure how many months post op... maybe 18.... and the sesitivity hasn't returned to pre op levels.. which is a shame as my right nipple (the only side with gyne) was very sexually sensitive. Now it is sesitive but not in the same way. Still a small price to pay though. I mean I could be tweaking my own nipple to great excitement, or not feel ashamed to have a girl do it. Which lets hope is even more exciting!

Ian

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Im 6 months post op, and my nipples are still totally numb....

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Mine were for ages yorkshireman... Last thing to regain sensitivity.... Maybe from about 9 - 12 months? Although I think it becomes still more sensitive over time... maybe it will return to full pre op levels at some point?

Ian

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Cheers for the reply Ian, in all honesty, Im not too bothered about nippple sensitivity! The man boobs are going (still slowly), well the boobs are gone, I should say the scar tissue is going very slowly and hopefully will be gone totally in time.....nipple sensitivity has hardly ever occured in my mind!

Offline niptuck

Thank you guys, for all your responses! Anybody else out there with more views and thoughts, please feel free. This could be a life-chaning experience for me - topless on the beach, showering at the gym and NOT at home after a gym session, you know the usual drill.... but I need to weigh in all the facts.

Thanks very much again.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024