Author Topic: lactating + large breasts...  (Read 3331 times)

Offline djdj

• Posting Member
hey...

not really sure where else to write this or who to write this to.

been on a few antipsychotics over the years .. and I feel like they've all caused me to grow larger and larger breasts.

never told my doc about it because it's so so, so embarrassing.

and recently I've been lactating a lot.

so fucking gross.. I know.

At this point .. is surgery the only way out?

and if I choose never to tell my doc .. will they keep getting bigger?  is there a risk of a tumour or cancer?

hammer

Really not at risk of cancer, and not a good time for surgery,  because if your lactating, your growing!

I lost my testicles after a vasectomy, after my 5th kid 1994! My breast grew like crazy after that including lactation.  I learned to accept them, due to having a ton of other health issues taking priority over having breast. I now have 46H size breast, but there are worse things!

My wife and family have no problem with it nor do I.

I've been through a total of 8 surgeries 3 major back and both knee replacement but I see no need to go through bilateral mastectomy that would leave the scares that would look worse then I look now.

Wish you the best of luck with what ever you decide to do.

Welcome to the forum.

Bob

Offline djdj

• Posting Member
So I can't have surgery while I'm lactating?

And if they're lactation they're GROWING?!

uggghhhhhhhhhhhh

You wear a bra?  Is that normal?

46H sounds huge ... is that big?  

I never have worn one .. not sure I could anyway they're always so itchy.

hammer

If you go into the acceptance area on the forum you'll fine many guys do wear a bra to support breast. Some can't have surgery for one reason or another, I've had 8 surgeries for other reasons that I feel are more important.

My primary care doctor actually told me that I needed to go have a formal fitting to get a good fitting bra for support, but my wife and daughters had been telling me that for a long time already.

We here on the forum always say that a bra is made  to support breast and it doesn't matter if the breast are on a man or woman!

Yes, 46H is big! I never wanted them but I had now choice, they just grew there!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You should not have surgery while lactating or while the breasts are actively growing.   The general rule is that the condition should be stabilized for two years prior to surgery.
Your condition is not all that unusual that you should be embarrassed to talk to your doctor about it.   And you need to be looking at the cause at this point in time.
While the possibility of a drug side effect cannot be ignored, it should not be presumed either.  A tumour of the Pituitary gland  can also cause Gynecomastia with Lactation so that possibility needs to be explored. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you have been on Risperdal, that drug has been recognized as stimulating secretion of Prolactin (a hormone) from the pituitary gland, which results in breast growth and in rare cases, lactation.

You should check all your medications to see if any of them have side effects on your breasts.  And if so, then speak to your prescribing physician and see if it would be possible to go on another medication.

In the meantime, you should NOT have gyne surgery if your breasts are continuing to grow or if they are lactating.  You really need to know why this is happening and do everything you can to stop the cause of the problem before considering surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs 
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024