Author Topic: CNA asking if I could repair a bra?  (Read 799 times)

Brdy64

Very strange Med-check and shower visit this morning from the CNA.
Seems she has a bra that the cups fit perfectly yet the band is about 2" too big. It's new, so she would like it 'taken in'.
She wants to know if I can use my sewing machine to do the trick.
I don't see why not?
I just didn't expect to be adjusting people's bras. Never crossed my mind. 🤔

Brdy64

Text message from a CNA. She has more seamstress work she needs done. She will drop them by later today. 
I'll be mending more bras. 🤔

Well, it keeps me busy doing something. 😁

Offline blad

Text message from a CNA. She has more seamstress work she needs done. She will drop them by later today.
I'll be mending more bras. 🤔

Well, it keeps me busy doing something. 😁
You could get a job in one of Victoria's Secret's sweat shops.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Brdy64

I've been thinking about taking a few of my old 42C's and make them into 40C. Lost a little weight on my band size. Seems pretty straightforward and it would give me a chance to use my new sewing machine.
The materials on bras sew much better using a 'roller foot'. I found out the hard way. 🙄
On a front clasp I take in 1/2" on each side under the arms, folded twice. Then just sew it. It's invisible from behind that way. 
I'm sure back clasp bras should be the same? 1/2" on each side gives me a full inch in total, so adjust accordingly. 
As my bra stretch, I take them in 1" at a time. 😉

Offline taxmapper

This reminds me I need to take the serger in and my old NewHome in for repair. 

The Branina still works fine, but the accessories are getting hard to find. 

Brdy64

This reminds me I need to take the serger in and my old NewHome in for repair.

The Branina still works fine, but the accessories are getting hard to find.
🤔 does the 'hormonal stew' inspire us all to sew?

Offline taxmapper

I learned to sew when I was about 6.  Took two classes of home ec. when in middle school. 

I also learned needle point and knitting when I was about 10. 

Brdy64

Grandma taught me as a child. Making my own shirts and trousers for school. 
Also second hand trousers had to have the waist taken in. We would buy them to fit my hips, then take in the waist on both sides. 
Helped her make wedding dresses too. 

aboywithgirls

I've been thinking about taking a few of my old 42C's and make them into 40C. Lost a little weight on my band size. Seems pretty straightforward and it would give me a chance to use my new sewing machine.
I think that is a great idea! However, technically speaking, if you dropped a band size and kept the same cup volume, it would technically make your modified bra a 40D!

♥️Sophie♥️

Brdy64

Grandma taught me as a child. Making my own shirts and trousers for school.
Also second hand trousers had to have the waist taken in. We would buy them to fit my hips, then take in the waist on both sides.
Helped her make wedding dresses too.
That's so cool, I bet you have some great memories of your grandmother.  My grandmother understood me more that anyone did.  But then she knew my secret.
Grandma used to say: "You have quite a set of hips on you". 🙄

She also used to rob me from Grandpa and teach me 'girly' things, like making wedding cakes and pastries. Cooking all kinds of delicious meals. 

Grandma pretty much raised me. 
When my dad caught me in my cousin's skirt and blouse, him and my brothers started teasing me. Grandma was the only one that would stand up for me. 
"It does fit him good", is what she would tell them. Or, "he can wear whatever he wants to". 

Brdy64

I think that is a great idea! However, technically speaking, if you dropped a band size and kept the same cup volume, it would technically make your modified bra a 40D!

♥️Sophie♥️
Yes it would, but if the cups are still fitting him then 40D is his new size. 😉

Brdy64

"I did notice when my new 40C bras came in that those C cup just a bit smaller than my old 42C cups. I can feel it mostly under my arm the old ones wrap around more. Funny thing is I dropped to a 40 band size and got shorter. The DMV said I was 6 foot tall,  but when they measured me last week she said I was 5' 10"? She asked when I was measured last for my driver's license,  told her back when I was 16. So I shrunk 2"? Oh well it don't matter. "

Welcome to the 'D' club Charli!

Brdy64

Welcome to the 'D' club Charli!
I don't think I'm quite there yet,  you could say l'm in a state of "D"nile 😂🤣😂
I'm not there anymore either. I'm going in for a fitting again this coming weekend. My new bras are all getting tight. 🙄
I still have one unopened in the package that will be exchanged. 😉
But growth can be a bit spendy. 😳

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024