Author Topic: Klinefelter Syndrome  (Read 3900 times)

Offline racer

Hey, i am new to this can anyone tell me if they have had children and have Klinefelter Syndrome or just  gynecomastia. because i think i have Klinefelter Syndrome and i really want children when i am older.
thanks

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello racer.

What makes you 'think' you have Klinefelter Syndrome?  Have you had a formal diagnosis?

Virility is usually very low for men with KS - but this does not make it impossible to have children, but often very difficult.

How boys develop into adults where KS has been diagnosed depends on when testosterone therapy started.

It's quite a minefield in terms of diagnosis and appropriate treatment.  That is why referral to an endocrinologist is important, to manage this kind of patient.

You endocrinologist is best placed to answer your concerns.  If you have not seen an endo, please see your GP to get a referral.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 07:18:56 AM by phantom »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Klinefelter Syndrome is JUST one form of hypogonadism.

There are many more!!!

A man does NOT have to have Klinefelter Syndrome in order to have/be suffering from a hormonal condition that has caused gynecomastia.

A karyotype test whilst checking for conditions like Klinefelters and Kallmans and being very helpful does not clear a man of such problems.

For this reason men require full endocrine investigations in order to rule out such problems.

P.S

There does seem to be a preoccupation on this site with Klinefelters over and above other forms of hypogonadism and one can only assume this is due to a lack of understanding concerning the issues at hand.

Offline racer

Hey thanks for all your comments, i will take all of your advise and see my local GP, thanks again

DrBermant

Hey, i am new to this can anyone tell me if they have had children and have Klinefelter Syndrome or just  gynecomastia. because i think i have Klinefelter Syndrome and i really want children when i am older.
thanks

Patients with Klinefelter's Syndrome typically need to go through extraordinary methods to have children.  There is much more to Klinefelter's Syndrome than just Gynecomastia. Here is an extended introduction to Klinefelter's Syndrome with many links and groups that are very good for those involved with this condition.

Klinefelter's Syndrome Patient with Gynecomastia

Klinefelter's Syndrome Patient with Gynecomastia

Klinefelter's Syndrome Patient without Gynecomastia

Klinefelter's Syndrome Patient with Non-Surgical Gynecomastia

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Hypo-is-here

Likewise there is much more to EVERY single form of hypogonadism than just gynecomastia :-/

The focus on Klinefelter Syndrome alone really is to the detriment of this already poorly understood condition as is evidenced time and again on this and many other websites.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024