Author Topic: In gynecomastia, are the nipples always puffy?  (Read 4565 times)

Offline b8b

• Posting Member
I will see a doctor soon but right now, I don't know if i even have it or not. I've read that most people with gyne have puffy nipples. Mine are puffy sometimes but many times, they are hard and pointy. Does that say anything?

DrBermant

I will see a doctor soon but right now, I don't know if i even have it or not. I've read that most people with gyne have puffy nipples. Mine are puffy sometimes but many times, they are hard and pointy. Does that say anything?

Gynecomastia means female like breasts in men and can take many different forms.  Take some time to look at pictures of the problem here to see what I mean.  There are many different examples.

"Puffy Nipples" is a very vague phrase that means so many different things to different people.   Standardized photographs are one good way of showing contour issues.  Contour problems can be one of gland, fat, skin, or a combination.

There is a thin muscle attached to the skin that can flatten the areola / nipple.  When stimulated, this muscle can flatten out protruding tissue to a degree.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As the Doctor pointed out, the term puffy nipples means so many different things that it actually means nothing.

One common definition of Gynecomastia is any visable or palpable enlargement of the male breast. Using this definition, 2/3 of all males have it.  Most of them either ignore it altogether or simply learn to live with it.  The opposite is the small number of men who do not have the condition but are obsessive about the appearance of their breasts.

The first step is to see a Doctor and get diagnosed.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024