Author Topic: 1 year post Liposuction, need revision for crater deformity and contouring.  (Read 8187 times)

Offline sabercut

• Posting Member
Hello all,

Firstly thanks for this website because it is great.

About 11 months ago, I went in for liposuction of abdomen and chest. Liposuction method was ultrasonic.
At the time of the surgery I was my fatest best (208lbs in 2007, 198 post lipo, 160 in 2006 and currently 188lbs), however at 160 I would probably be 25% BF

1. Gland excision was by liposuction alone (using the cannula). This has caused the skin exactly behind the nipple to be deviod of fat. While stationary, chest looks OK, in animtion the nipples can get creased.

2. Also when chest muscles are tightened, there is a crater depression under the nipple. There is some fat and tissue on upper chest and on the side though.

3. On the abdomen, contouring is missing espescially when I am sitting or bending. When I stand up straight, I thinks it looks better. There are ripples and waves.

Some of the fat under the skin has become hard. Also this hard fat sticks to the skin like somebody has put glue on the skin from inside. There is numbness and muscle pain (sometimes). Also when I sit like in a office chair there are huge skin folds.

4. I had loose skin so that has not helped at all ...

5. I have jogged and excerised pretty much for the last six months

6. On a combined liposuction, my surgeon took out about 12 litres of fat and gland. I am not sure I want to goto my PS because not only is he far away, but I have my own doubts if he did a good job.

Here are my questions
1. Are revisions common espescially if you are that fat. ex. I have had some seatings with my dentists, is this similar.

2. What are my options for revision of this crater deformity filling

fat transfer - only 40% fat survives. Multiple seatings are needed. Transferred fat can last for 1 year to 3 years and sometimes more. I am not sure how cardio affects it.

dermal fillers ex. alloderm. Comes from a dead body, Dr Bermant in his post said that it doesnt look good in animation.

2. Why has this fat hardened below my skin. Is this fat dead. Can it be liposuctioned out. Can it be transferred.

3. Earlier I couldnt take off my shirt because I thought I was ugly but now I think I am ugly and deformed. When will all this end ..... uggghhh

Suggestion for users considering liposuction:
Dont do it. Your natural body LOOKS, FEELS the best than the plastic body. Since I have been atleast been on both sides of it. Natural body and liposuction at least once.

Please comment / answer ...

Offline sabercut

• Posting Member

DrBermant

Hello all,

Firstly thanks for this website because it is great.

About 11 months ago, I went in for liposuction of abdomen and chest. Liposuction method was ultrasonic.
At the time of the surgery I was my fatest best (208lbs in 2007, 198 post lipo, 160 in 2006 and currently 188lbs), however at 160 I would probably be 25% BF

1. Gland excision was by liposuction alone (using the cannula). This has caused the skin exactly behind the nipple to be deviod of fat. While stationary, chest looks OK, in animtion the nipples can get creased.

2. Also when chest muscles are tightened, there is a crater depression under the nipple. There is some fat and tissue on upper chest and on the side though.

3. On the abdomen, contouring is missing espescially when I am sitting or bending. When I stand up straight, I thinks it looks better. There are ripples and waves.

Some of the fat under the skin has become hard. Also this hard fat sticks to the skin like somebody has put glue on the skin from inside. There is numbness and muscle pain (sometimes). Also when I sit like in a office chair there are huge skin folds.

4. I had loose skin so that has not helped at all ...

5. I have jogged and excerised pretty much for the last six months

6. On a combined liposuction, my surgeon took out about 12 litres of fat and gland. I am not sure I want to goto my PS because not only is he far away, but I have my own doubts if he did a good job.

Here are my questions
1. Are revisions common espescially if you are that fat. ex. I have had some seatings with my dentists, is this similar.

2. What are my options for revision of this crater deformity filling

fat transfer - only 40% fat survives. Multiple seatings are needed. Transferred fat can last for 1 year to 3 years and sometimes more. I am not sure how cardio affects it.

dermal fillers ex. alloderm. Comes from a dead body, Dr Bermant in his post said that it doesnt look good in animation.

2. Why has this fat hardened below my skin. Is this fat dead. Can it be liposuctioned out. Can it be transferred.

3. Earlier I couldnt take off my shirt because I thought I was ugly but now I think I am ugly and deformed. When will all this end ..... uggghhh

Suggestion for users considering liposuction:
Dont do it. Your natural body LOOKS, FEELS the best than the plastic body. Since I have been atleast been on both sides of it. Natural body and liposuction at least once.

Please comment / answer ...

Options for revision of Crater Deformity Scars after Gynecomastia Surgery depend on the original problem, what was done, what resources are left, after care, scar care, how the patient healed, and many other factors best explored during an evaluation.  I prefer to leave a natural layer of fat between the skin and the muscle that preserves natural motion of tissues.  When the layers scar together and there are adequate resources to revise the scars, then revision surgery may be an option.  I have revised many such deformities from other doctor's operations. Unfortunately I also have seen so many other patients where there is just nothing left to rebuild with.  A Fat Flap Gynecomastia Sculpture takes nearby fat, trying to maintain its blood supply, and filling the defect with living fat.   Fat taken from other parts of the boy without a blood supply are grafts.  A good deal of such transferred fat dies and usually becomes firm.  This firm tissue can be just as firm as other scars or gland and does not look good especially on animation.  The fat flap moves like normal fat.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline theguy

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024