Author Topic: Surgery Booked with Dr Benito 13th February- advice needed  (Read 4609 times)

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Hi Guys

I am all booked for the 13th February with Dr Benito, i told my wife last night amd she was great about it. I have been quoted £2600 for the gyne and £5000 for gyne and lipo on the love handles and abdomin, i havent decided what to go for as im sure getting the lot done will be very extreme. Its cheaper to fly to Barcelona rhan Birmingham something wrong there.

So a few questions to the guys who have been to Dr B

We will be arriving on the Tuesday morning and have a day in Barcelona, i am planning to hit a few Tapas bars during the day. is there a fasting period? i dont intend getting drunk but a few San Miguels and a few nibbles would help me relax.

What time is the surgery, i think someone said about 11.00am? How long does it last and what do you feel like when you wake up? My wife is staying in the clinic with me should she bring a few books?

i had my tonsils out as a kid but i havent had surgery since and i cant really remember my tonsils lol

i will try and work out how to post some pics im in serious training for the surgery lol

Offline outertrial

Hi

1. Its nil by mouth for about 6 hours prior to the operation as far as I can remember.

2. Mine was early afternoon, I flew in the same morning. Id rather do that as you can spend your leave days recuperating in Barcelona then, which is much more pleasent if you dont an operation the next day! I felt ok when I woke up just extremely tired. I pretty much spent the next 20 hours sleeping.

I had mine done in the old clinic, which was in a quiet suburb and the tv was in spanish.  Apparently the new one has good cable tv with English channels. A few books wouldnt hurt anyway.

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Yeah, no food or drink after 8am on the day of the operation.  The operation is at about 3pm, or there abouts.  I woke up from the op feeling fine at about 5.30pm, it was just like I'd drifted off into a nap.  Post-op, they don't let you eat or drink until well into the evening.

I took a dvd player with me to keep me busy, although they do have a small selection of films you can watch on the tv.  Although, there aren't any english speaking tv channels, just films.  I had my op at the nice new clinic. 

Offline Rosco12724

• Posting Member
I had my surgery done in London on the 1st of November. Had a general anaesthetic in the morning, nothing to eat or drink after 12:00 the night before.

Everything was completely painless, I felt the needle go into the back of my hand for a spilit second but there was no pain.

Operation took 1:20 minutes and woke up pretty much as if nothing had happened apart from the fact you are in a recovery room with nurses looking after you. Did not feel sick tired etc.

Was taken back to room and spent afternoon watching TV and calling friends on my mobile.

The only slightly uncomfortable part was when the drain was removed but again nothing I can describe as pain. Was out of hospital early evening.

My operation took place at the Highgate Hospital in North London.

You have nothing to worry about having this procedure provided that you are fit and healthy.

Good Luck

Paul  :)

Offline outertrial

Well said. Its not a heart transplant after all!

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
guys Benito's secretary is asking for 10% up front to book the room for surgery. Is this the norm? I dont mind paying it but she is asking me to wire it to an account in Spain which im not that fussed in doing. Is there any easier options? ie a chaeque or a bankers draft?

let me know your thoughts

Offline outertrial

guys Benito's secretary is asking for 10% up front to book the room for surgery. Is this the norm? I dont mind paying it but she is asking me to wire it to an account in Spain which im not that fussed in doing. Is there any easier options? ie a chaeque or a bankers draft?

Sorry dont know, I didnt have to do that. I paid in cash and bankers draft on the day of the op. That was the old clinic though so maybe the room booking procedure was different. Youre probably better off asking Aida herself tbh.

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member

Sorry dont know, I didnt have to do that. I paid in cash and bankers draft on the day of the op. That was the old clinic though so maybe the room booking procedure was different. Youre probably better off asking Aida herself tbh.

I paid with £700 cash and a cheque on the day too, although, you can pay before.  In my case, I didn't receive the emaill etting me know how to pay, cos of a spam bloker or something, so I had to pay on the day.  Don't know about this 10% business.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024