Author Topic: WHEN is the appropriate time to get it done? Weight issue  (Read 1392 times)

Offline aromatization

• Posting Member
Im 5'9 230.....  Ive been up to 280 and down to 180

At 180;  I still see minor flopping;  The hard breast tissue remains.

The weight that I want to walk around at is 200...  Im concerned if I get down to 200 and get the surgery and put on a few pounds the weight (in the chest area)  will come back.

So; do you think I should get all the fat removed at 230 (and if I lose any more weight it will only improve the situation.)

or get it at the ideal weight and hope I dont pack on the pounds

Thoughts

DrBermant

Im 5'9 230.....  Ive been up to 280 and down to 180

At 180;  I still see minor flopping;  The hard breast tissue remains.

The weight that I want to walk around at is 200...  Im concerned if I get down to 200 and get the surgery and put on a few pounds the weight (in the chest area)  will come back.

So; do you think I should get all the fat removed at 230 (and if I lose any more weight it will only improve the situation.)

or get it at the ideal weight and hope I dont pack on the pounds

Thoughts

Wearing extra fat is not healthy.  Check out risks with a BMI Calculator (Body Mass Index)

Plastic surgery is better after weight loss, losing weight is a coarse tool. Plastic surgery is better used for refinement.

Weight Loss, Dealing With Excess Skin of the Chest and Body is also a major emotional issue.

Check out this section on the emotion of body lift surgery for those after massive weight loss:

Personal experiences and emotions of dealing with weight, loose skin, and body lift surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024