Author Topic: Supplement question when on testosterone replacement...  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Hi, slightly weird question and slightly off-topic but someone here may be able to advise.

I am on testosterone replacement due to a non-working pituary gland which I believe is called secondary hypergonadism. I am currently trying to get fit and lose weight before I go for surgery and I also am trying to fix my sleeping problems. I came across a product called Biotest Z-12 which is a restful sleep formula, its new out and so far has been VERY well rated by numerous people, many with similar problems to me... a lot of people also reccomend Biotest ZMA (metabolic mineral support formula) with it for even better results.

ZMA is adverised as a testosterone booster, http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459250

"In fact, if taken as recommended, ZMA can increase free testosterone by 30% while boosting IGF-1 levels significantly."

"The results show that, in eight weeks, the ZMA group increased free and total testosterone levels by 30%"

Does anyone know if I can safely take this whilst on testosterone treatment? I am not buying ZMA in order , or in hope of boosting testosterone levels as im sure that works via the pituary gland which obviously won't do anything for me, but the other benefits of aiding sleep quality are attracting me...

I don't know if anyone can help, but thought it was worth asking.

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
personally i think ZMA  is garbage and a waist of money!

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
i would ask ur doctor, and ZMA is used to improve some gyne but usually steroid induced.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024