Author Topic: Logistics  (Read 1485 times)

Offline shidu54

• Posting Member
Hi everybody,

So I've been mulling over the decision to get surgery for about 6 months now, but I think I'm finally ready to do it (don't know how I'm going to get the money yet, but hopefully I can work up the courage to ask a cousin/uncle for a loan).  Anyway, my question is basically logistical: I get done with my last final on May 16th (I'm a college student), and ideally, I'd like to get the surgery done quickly after that.  The problem (if you can call it that) is that I have been accepted into a research program in CA (I live in minnesota) that starts on June 15th.  Can I still get the procedure done in this time?  I'm worried that if something happens in California, that I wouldn't have a way to fix it (plus, aren't there regular checkups in order to ensure that surgery went well?)  I hope that it can be done- I'd really like to get this done with before the next school year starts!- and not have to wait until the next winter...  but I suppose I've already been living with this for 7 years...

Thanks for your responses everyone, I really appreciate it.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Well I can't really answer some of your questions because it depends on your doctor with the apoointments and checkups and all. But yes you can get the surgery done before June15th and also be healed in time as well. Thats if you undergo surgery in early may. It takes 4 weeks to heal, not fully, but for things to actually become way easier. Hope I helped a little.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with Dave_8    Surgery is possible within the time frame you describe. 

I have many patients come to see me from out of the New York City area -- and followup, though best done in person, can be conducted via telephone, email, etc.

In my experience, once you have passed the one month stage and all looks well, then it is just the passage of time that will enable complete healing.  On occasion, some excess scar tissue may develop and this may require a return visit to your surgeon to consider treatment (usually a Kenalog injection).  But this is not an emergency and can be scheduled whenever convenient.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024