Author Topic: ZINC helping gyn?  (Read 5911 times)

Offline bassplayer

• Silver Member
i read somewhere it did and i heard of some root that could help i dunno someone back me up here

Offline b

• Posting Member
i dont know if it was the zinc or the fact that i stopped pinching my nipple (or both), but the puffyness reduced a bit after some days.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
think ur talking about VITEX...

that root that it has in it is for controling progesterone and has been reported as reducing puffy nips by some people

u might want to try it it's like 8 bux at gnc

i doubt it will do anything for actual gyno, but puffyness it has cured according to sources

Offline bassplayer

• Silver Member
thats what i have is puffyness

Offline bassplayer

• Silver Member
the vitex for women to take monthly

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Too bad hypo's not here anymore. He could of answered all your questions.

From what I understand zinc is an aromatise inhibitor and helps minimize your testosterone turning into estrogen. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot, especially if you're going through puberty.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I heard that those who have gyne, as a generalization, also have a zinc deficiency.  I think it will only help you to not get it, but once you got it, you got it.

Hey aux - I'm surprised docs aren't pushing prescription strength zinc at $100 a bottle so they can get rich and snort cocaine.  Know what I mean.  :P

I agree, we need hypo back.  Where's hypo?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 07:40:59 PM by jc71 »

Offline travelingfool

• Posting Member
I think I read the same post you maybe referring to. It said try zinc and root nettle. I started taking zinc right away to no effect.

Offline zen

• Posting Member
i don't know if it helps with gyno, but it definitely makes sense to supplement with zinc if you're a guy.

read this!!!

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/lifestyle/healthfitness/menshealth/part1_4-2.html

"Zinc and Sperm

Zinc is an antioxidant mineral that is also important in protecting sperm against free radical attack. Semen is rich in zinc, with each ejaculate containing 5 mg ­ one third of the recommended daily nutrient intake. This would imply that it plays an important role in sperm health. Three additional functions of zinc have been discovered apart from its important antioxidant one:

1. The genetic material (DNA chromatin) in the sperm nucleus is tightly wound with special proteins to form an insoluble, stable complex. This condensed structure is important for successful fertilization. Zinc is important for this structure and protects it from breaking down.

2. The high concentration of zinc in semen damps down sperm activity, keeping them in a relatively quiescent state. This lowers their consumption of oxygen and conserves sperm energy. Once within the female reproductive tract, which contains very little zinc, zinc concentrations are rapidly diluted. This causes a sudden increase in sperm activity, speeding them up and acting like a mineral turbo charge.

3. During fertilization, a sperm exposes enzymes in a sac at the sperm head to drill a hole in the outer egg shell through which the sperm can pass. This is known as the acrosome reaction. In many cases of subfertility it seems that large numbers of sperm discharge their enzymes spontaneously before or just after ejaculation. By the time they reach the egg they are no longer capable of penetrating it. This early discharge of the acrosome reaction is linked with a zinc deficiency.

High concentrations of zinc in semen helps to damp down the acrosome reaction in a reversible way. Once zinc concentrations become diluted within the female tract, the acrosome reaction can again occur.

Another recent finding is that zinc deficiency changes the sequence in which seminal secretions are ejaculated. The secretions from the seminal vesicle, which are usually ejaculated last, are released along with the sperm instead.

There are several theories why this happens. Lack of zinc may cause swelling of the prostate gland, which will slow sperm travelling up from the testes. This swelling will also slow the release of prostatic secretions, which are usually the first fluids to be ejaculated.

It is possible that this alteration in the ejaculatory sequence is a survival response to low concentrations of sperm zinc. By mixing the sperm and the relatively zinc-rich seminal vesicle secretions as early as possible, the protective effects of zinc (stabilization of sperm DNA; delaying of acrosome reaction; conservation of energy) are maximized.

Most men do not obtain enough dietary zinc. Those that are highly sexually active may be losing more zinc per day in their semen (5 mg per ejaculation) than they can keep up with in their diet. Men ideally need a minimum of 15 mg zinc from their diet per day (see zinc)."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024