Author Topic: 8 weeks post surgery. Right nipple still puffy, very disappointing results  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Dsm420

To start I had grade 1 gynecomastia. Gland removal with a little bit of liposuction. Healing process was seamless. No drains needed. No bruising. Minimal swelling. 3 weeks into my post op recovery I noticed my right nipple was still quite puffy. Nearly no difference from pre surgery. Left areola was stretched to allow for symmetry with right areola (imbalance caused by spine/ shoulder issues). 

Im quite happy with the result of the left areola. It’s quite flat I’m not sure if that’s due to the areola itself being stretched or not.  I’m very lean. 6ft / 165 lbs with a built chest. I’m extremely disappointed with the results of the right areola. Nearly no difference from pre surgery. I have some scar tissue that I massage daily but have not seen any difference from massaging techniques. It almost seems like I have fluid in my areola. I’m certain I don’t, but I don’t feel any glad that may have been left. 

I’m almost certain I will need revision surgery. I know I ultimately need to consult with my surgeon I guess I’m just here venting or looking for similar experiences. I do have somewhat large areola’s so I’m assuming I need to have the nipple trimmed  or some revision to make it flat. 

If anyone is curious about pictures I can post them. I’ve read that it is suggested to wait over a year for revision surgery but that is just not something I’m willing to wait around for. Any insight on what I can do or suggest to my surgeon to ensure I get some decent results I’d appreciate it. 

Offline zink

• Bronze Member
I’ve read that it is suggested to wait over a year for revision surgery but that is just not something I’m willing to wait around for. Any insight on what I can do or suggest to my surgeon to ensure I get some decent results I’d appreciate it.

I understand your frustrations but you must wait for your body to heal properly and it can take several months to a year. I had a very similar issue and went in for a second op about a year after the first and when I arrived the surgeon decided to postpone it another few months as they thought there was still further healing to be done. You must trust and listen to the professionals - a few months or a year is nothing compared with the rest of your life!

Even after two ops I still have a slightly more puffy nipple on one side than the other. It's not perfect but it's so much better than the original situation that it's fine. I wouldn't risk any more surgery for something so small that I'm probably the only one to notice.

I'd just suggest you give yourself and your body time to settle, listen to your doctor and think about the big picture!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024