Author Topic: 20 year old wearing bra for support  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Craig N

I found this forum a few months ago but decided to put something on it now.  I’m  20 , at university  living in a house with  4 girls and 2 other lads. 
I was always chubby as a kid and had the typical figure with wide hips. I have a big fat pad which consumed my male thingy and that never really grew. I lost weight when I was 18 but my breasts are significant , not just fat but full with big nipples.The fat pad still there and wider hips- I’m not thin still. Last year I saw the doctor and she confirmed gynecomastia suspected following tests. I haven’t told my Dad although he made fun of my chest a bit saying keep dieting . 
Earlier in the year (admittedly when  a bit drunk ) I ended up confiding to three of the girls in the house. They said they had seen my chest through t shirts and seen me massaging them when they get sore. A few days later I let one of them see them and she measured my chest.  She talked about support but I shrugged it off. A week or so later one of the girls came in my room and produced a package with a few bras in and said I may like to try some, they may help. Their treat, they had bought them between them. Possibly I felt obliged but I agreed and she help me put one on. They had sized me at 42b and this seemed to fit. As I put my jumper back on , the two other girls came in and said it looked better, I said they felt supported.  Then it turned out the other girl in the house knew the situation and I figured that atleast one guy would know as he was the boyfriend of one of girls.  
I started wearing the bras around the house, the guys said nothing and the girls were supportive. It made it easier as I didn’t have to hide and could slum around in t shirts. And my chest felt better. I knew the lads looked at my boobs before my face. After a few months  I would wear them into class under thick jumpers.I’d bought a few sports bras online to try minimise them a bit on advise from the girls - but it didn’t seem much and the normal bras were comfier. It sort of got routine when I got dressed  to put a bra on. 
I tried to hide it but they do look different with it obviously. I look to have boobs with it without them !  But wearing a bra feel more comfortable, no jiggling or soreness. It took a few months for one of the girls in my class to comment on my breasts ( not bra) - negatively and then a few guys just laughed.
I have a part time job to subsidise uni working in an office. I think the boss there knows but she said nothing. One of the girls from the house works there and I presume she may have said something.  I forgot one day in summer and ran to the shop in a t shirt , this young builder made a comment and grabbed hold of my chest as we walked out together. I just got away quickly, felt humiliated. Didn’t wear a bra for a few weeks , pains came back and everyone in the house noticed. When the girls noticed I just said I felt silly in a bra with a mans body, the builder had said “ best breasts on a man and he has a bra”. 
On my birthday last year  the girls in the house  clubbed together with the lads and in a surreal moment when I opened it , had bought me a selection of Victoria’s Secret stuff. But not just bras, panties aswell. Its the way they said the next bit , well the girl who is lesbian said it- girls need sexy underwear to make them feel confident - you should try . Fair enough two were almost like plain shorts but one set was pure lingerie. The shorts style were fine. When I looked in the mirror it seemed to hang together more and I looked more natural. By the weekend the girls were wanting me try the blue lingerie. Anna, the lesbian said when underwear all matches if feel confident and sexier. So on the Saturday I did- felt a bit pressurised.  I looked in the mirror and odd but looked right together. And strangely comfy and confident. My chest looked bigger and seemed to show through my shirt more. So I was more conscious wearing this than the others. 
A few weeks later, Anna asked how I felt and talked me into going shopping with her. Anna went with me to Victoria’s Secret sales pretending to buy for her but it was for me. I think the assistant knew as we arn’t the same size ! Not wanting to create a scene I found myself buying a few sets, she said I’d feel good in them and on the way home we went in another shop, I presumed for her and realised she had put my size in the basket of two more basic bras and panties. She paid. She said it was great that I was living with my breasts and the house was all behind me, I looked so much better and relaxed with my chest supported, like one of the girls. 
This was all months ago, I’m approaching my 21st birthday, lost a bit more weight, still have b cup breasts, no change down below and fat pad hiding what little I have. And whilst I wear my male clothes, I’m wearing female underwear daily. It all seems so “normal” here. Chest more comfortable with bra than without, support from housemates. I rarely go home given work, Covid and studies. 

I suppose I’m wondering if this is a way of coping with gynecomastia ? Is it a way of going forward ? Everything is gender fluid nowadays. What do others think ? 

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Welcome.  I'll admit that I started to lose focus later in your post (walls of text can be hard to read), but I've tried to at least see the noteworthy parts.

It sounds like the women (at least some of them) are trying to feminize you, considering how they started giving you more than just bras (and their comments).  So you might want to watch out for that.

But since you have breasts and obviously struggle with discomfort, wearing bras makes sense.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Welcome to the forum! It’s nice that you’re getting guidance and support from your friends. 

Offline blad

A slightly complicated story, but the bottom line is that if you feel more comfortable and confident wearing a bra then this has been a positive experience for you. Not ever guy who has significant breast growth has access to this sort of positive and personal guidance in exploring the option of wearing a bra. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
I think for the rest of your life you will be wearing a bra, and maybe more things women typically wear.  They fit your shape and you look and feel better in them. Nothing at all wrong with that 

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
I remember when I first started wearing a bra in public, I was very nervous about it and felt like everyone can see my bra. After awhile I gotten comfortable wearing just a regular t-shirt and at times sleeveless shirts. It takes awhile, but you'll get used to it. 

Offline blad

Yes, when you start wearing a bra in public it is typical to be very self conscious. But do note that your breasts are likely obvious with or without a bra on, and the shaping and reduction of breast bounce that a bra provides often actually reduces the attention your breasts may otherwise receive. With the obvious plus of comfortable support from the bra.

Further, one would obviously wear shirts that minimize or eliminate any bra straps showing, at least in the beginning as you build your confidence.

If you wear a bra daily you will begin to even forget you are even wearing a bra much of the time as you go about your day. I will be in public interacting with people and the last thing on my mind is that I have a bra on. You will get to that point I assure you, and be satisfied to wear a bra for the rest of your life as anyone with breasts would.

boobs are normal

I agree, blad
I have come to the point of putting on a bra is automatic. I feel undressed (and uncomfortable) without.
And I don't give a toss if bra straps show. I wear what I like at- at "worst" I am no more conspicuous than anyone else on the street.
It is amazing how blind people are!! But as you say it does take time to get there
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 08:35:18 AM by boobs are normal »

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
 I think wearing a bra gives a more polished, dignified appearance with everything nicely held in place, lifted and shaped, as opposed to constantly jiggling and nipping out. 

I also find it much more comfortable to be supported 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024