Author Topic: I've decided to get surgery, but I have some questions  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Star_Ruler

• Posting Member
I finally decided to get surgery done, but I have a few questions. I live in Baltimore, Maryland (MD), how should I approach the surgery? do I need to get a steady medical insurance first, or can I just go in for the surgery and pay for it? How exactly is that done?

I was wondering about this because I want to get the surgery done, but I dont even know where to start. I'm not on insurance, and I usually dont get sick. However, i really need to get this done because its practically torn me apart. Do i just contact a surgeon and setup a date? Please help me out, thanks guys.

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
The surgery (like most plastic surgery) is not covered by insurance, so that would be irrelevant.

What you need to do is find a few doctors that specialize in the procedure (there are some good resources on this site) and call them to set up a consultation appointment with them.  The doctor will talk to you and look at you to help you determine what the best treatment is.  From there you need to decide who you feel comfortable with performing the surgery and you can schedule a surgery date...some people have planned their surgery anywhere from weeks to months in advance.

Good luck

Offline erase-it

• Posting Member
Find a reputable doctor (duh.)  I found one in the phone book.  He doesn't even specialize in gyn surgery, but he did an excellent job (just lipo.)

As far as money goes.  Well that didn't matter.  I'm poor as church house mice, but I found the money.  When you want something bad enough, you'll make it happen.

Offline Ps3touch

• Posting Member
goto dr. Magassy in McLean va. He's the best.  I got mine done there. He owns the entire building and has his own surgical center in there. 703 7905454 call and set up a free consulation. Me being a med student am very picky but he is flawless. No pain after surgery since he uses an IV block and ppl don't know about him since he doesnt need to advertise since many patients refer friends and or come back for another operation!

I set up surgery 5 days after initial consulation. But you can choose any time he does surgery 5 days a week. Btw I had 330 cc of fat removed from both sides as well as glandular tissue so I definitely had atleast a moderate case.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 07:01:08 AM by Ps3touch »

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
It's great that you've decided to have it done. I just had mine done on 01-10-08. Everything the above posters said is what I would say as well, but I wanted to post to let you know that I (we) know what it's like to be torn apart over gynecomastia. For whatever it's worth just know you're not alone.

GOOD LUCK!   :D

BTW, I went to Dr. Moliver http://www.drmoliver.com/basicpgs/frame.htm here in the Clear Lake area (Houston TX). He and his staff are great.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 08:37:32 AM by Jahshua »
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024