Author Topic: Decided to see Dr . Fielding...  (Read 9830 times)

Offline Bobby_604

• Posting Member
After all the semi negative things said about Dr.Brown (he does lipo only) I have decided to go see Dr Fielding.

My consultation is Sept 19, and since I know im getting the surgery, it is booked for OCT 22nd.

Listen to this schedule. leave Vancouver on Sept 18 at 11:10pm. Arrive in Toronto at 6:40am on the 19th. My consultation is at 11am and then my flight back to Vancouver is at 3:15 pm and I arrive home at 5:20 pm on the 19th. Return trip to Toronto, plus a visit to the Dr in less than 18 hours. Talk about wham, bam, thank you, ma'am.

Im really hoping he doesn't charge me alot of money..lol.

Few questions, after my surgery, how long will I need to stay in Toronto for? For post op check ups..etc. A day? 3?

Does anybody know how to get there from the airport via subway?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 05:07:24 PM by Bobby_604 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Bobby...

Congrats on the consult/surgery. It's worth every penny!

The 19th of September is a Friday. Are you sure you have your dates correct? JCF usually does his consults on a Monday.

There is no subway service out of Pearson International Airport. Just cab it to the docs office. It's not that far from the airport.

JCF usually likes to see his patients 6 days after surgery, but since you are OOP, I'm sure you could let your family doc have a peek a week post-op...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Puffman

• Posting Member
Hey bobby,

just curious to how you already booked the surgery date when you haven't seen JCF yet. I'm from out of town and my consultation is sometime in sept. as well.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hey bobby,

just curious to how you already booked the surgery date when you haven't seen JCF yet.

I'm a tad curious also...  Did JCF allow you to book your surgery prior to a consult as you are OOP?

GB

Offline arpa1

• Posting Member
I have a few questions I forgot to ask  ::). I am scheduled for surgery on October 1 a wednesday.

1. What is the usual process. Do I stay wednesday night at the hospital and get released on Thursday Morning or afternoon?

2. If yes, On thursday morning can I simply walk out of the hospital take a cab to the train station or bus station; or should I stay at a hotel thursday night as well?

Offline Bobby_604

• Posting Member
Bobby...

Congrats on the consult/surgery. It's worth every penny!

The 19th of September is a Friday. Are you sure you have your dates correct? JCF usually does his consults on a Monday.

There is no subway service out of Pearson International Airport. Just cab it to the docs office. It's not that far from the airport.

JCF usually likes to see his patients 6 days after surgery, but since you are OOP, I'm sure you could let your family doc have a peek a week post-op...

GB

Yes sir, I just confirmed dates. My consult is on Friday the 19th and surgery is on Oct 22nd.

I spoke with his secretary Leslie and she told me if I take a cab she will slap me in thew face when I get to the office...lol

She told me to call her on Wed and she will give me directions from the airport and it will only cost 2.75 :)

Offline Bobby_604

• Posting Member
Hey bobby,

just curious to how you already booked the surgery date when you haven't seen JCF yet. I'm from out of town and my consultation is sometime in sept. as well.

No idea. I phoned and said 'what are the fastest dates I can have my consultation and surgery?' Leslie booked me in to those dates and then i booked both tickets. I called back to tell her I had booked and she was very pleased.

Offline Bobby_604

• Posting Member
I have a few questions I forgot to ask  ::). I am scheduled for surgery on October 1 a wednesday.

1. What is the usual process. Do I stay wednesday night at the hospital and get released on Thursday Morning or afternoon?

2. If yes, On thursday morning can I simply walk out of the hospital take a cab to the train station or bus station; or should I stay at a hotel thursday night as well?

Im on a Wed also.

I THINK I will be released Wed afternoon and stay a night in the hotel. I don't know if we have a post op the next day. Either way, ill leave Thursday night back to vancouver.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I spoke with his secretary Leslie and she told me if I take a cab she will slap me in the face when I get to the office. She told me to call her on Wed and she will give me directions from the airport and it will only cost 2.75 :)

Hmmm, I'd like to know what mode of transport will take you from Pearson to Jane/Bloor for just $2.75...  ???

GB

Offline locoderemate

• Posting Member
I spoke with his secretary Leslie and she told me if I take a cab she will slap me in the face when I get to the office. She told me to call her on Wed and she will give me directions from the airport and it will only cost 2.75 :)

Hmmm, I'd like to know what mode of transport will take you from Pearson to Jane/Bloor for just $2.75...  ???

GB

Hi,

You can take the bus (TTC) from the airport to GTA (Lawrence Station) and then use the subway to get Jane/Bloor Station, the cost would be $2.75, i did that few times couple years ago, i don't remember the bus number but i'm sure about the bus, go to the TTC web side and check from Lawrence Station to the airport and you'll find the bus number.

Hope this help.  ;) ;)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Admittedly, I haven't taken the bus in a few years but I would have thought it would be a bit more than $2.75...

What business is it of Leslie's, if u take a cab or the bus?  ???

GB

Offline Bobby_604

• Posting Member
She is doing it to save me money. I arrive at 6;40am and my appointment is at 11;30. She is saying it to be nice.

Offline Bobby_604

• Posting Member
Update;

Went to see Dr Fielding and he was a very nice doctor. He said I had 'true gyno' and thinks I would be a great candidate for surgery. He told me he would expect 'great' results.

So I booked for Oct22nd.

Total cost is $1800 including consultation. I will be staying in the hospital for one night and a hotel for the other night.

Offline Bobby_604

• Posting Member
PS: Dr Lorne Brown wanted $4300 for Lipo only  ::)

Offline arpa1

• Posting Member
Hi Guys just had the surgery yesterday with Fielding and his team. see my post in the photo section.

I still have not seen my chest though I will wait till I take it off next week...will take pics and post.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024