Author Topic: Sister sizing  (Read 2945 times)

Offline 42CSurprise!

gmast speaks truth... this is all confusing and each brassiere is different, so we need to know who made it and what the specific style is for meaningful discussion.  I understand that going for a fitting is the gold standard in getting a brassiere that fits but I haven't worked up the courage to do that.  In a world where I'm cancelling appointments to have my teeth cleaned, I doubt I'll schedule an appointment to have my breast size measured.  I'm also basically cheap and so shopping online to experiment with styles and sizes works.  If I were wearing a brassiere all day every day, it might make sense to spend a premium to get a bra that fits perfectly, but that is not the case for me.

As my username reports, I came to this site wearing a 42C brassiere that fit my breasts perfectly.  The band length is too short for my chest, but a bra extender solves that problem... leaving me, of course, with straps that are prone to falling off my shoulder.  So I have the very feminine task of reaching into the neck of my tee shirt to pull the strap up.  Someone told me there is a device that keeps that from happening and I ordered a set online.  We'll see how that works.

I learned in exploring that as the band gets longer the same cup size expects a larger breast... so when I found a 46 inch brassiere that fit my chest, it was a B cup that worked rather than a C.  Alas, the company that makes that first brassiere I still love, 42 inches is their maximum... so the search continues.  But as men here have noted, the hunt for the right brassiere can be quite fun and will insure that we have a drawer FILLED with sexy undergarments.  I guess this is one way to occupy our free time...  :o

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I still have no problems with presenting male but at some point it may be difficult. I know some us here are dealing with the same problem. Guess I just needed to vent. Thanks
We can always present a s a male, just one with breast bumps.
Blad, You are absolutely correct on presenting male with bumps. On one of my first fittings when I found a bra that fit me and then told the SA I wanted to see how it looked under my shirt. When I tried it on and said I can see the "bumps", her response was you walked in here with natural bumps so it is really not like we are creating anything different.  She was right and I have remembered it over the years. I still try on shirts every time I buy a new style bra to see how I present. The SA typically give a comment in the manner of "you look good..I think you are fine".

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Maybe I spoke incorrectly. While I do indeed have a 10 inch difference 49/39 over under, because I’m male and have wider shallower breasts than women do, DD’s fit best right now. The abrathatfits calculator puts me in a I cup and while some men here fit that, based on observation, I knew that was a crazy size for me. US sizing is all over the charts and that’s why a professional fitting is the gold standard.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 12:14:35 AM by Traveler »

Offline taxmapper

Maybe I spoke incorrectly. While I do indeed have a 10 inch difference 49/39 over under, because I’m male and have wider shallower breasts than women do, DD’s fit best right now. The abrathatfits calculator puts me in a H cup and while some men here fit that, based on observation, I knew that was a crazy size for me. US sizing is all over the charts and that’s why a professional fitting is the gold standard.
And THAT is what I suspect. 
Again, if you were to physically remove your breasts and plant them on a standard sized female (say a 36 or 38 inch band,) then she would probably fit nicely into a C or D cup, whereas I presently only fill a B. 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Ehhhhh... maybe. I’m currently at in underband of 39 already and while my breast tissue is spread out more, if you take all my breast tissue and put it in a more female mode, pretty sure at 38 or 36 band it would still be DD or DDD breasts. Have you not seen my pics? 😏

Offline SideSet

I just saw your pic. That bra looks great on you. Perfect fit. You are quite full busted.

And mgr,  so true about having natural “bumps.”   When we go braless, our breasts still show, just unsupported,  provocatively jiggling, and we are suggestively nipping out.   I brought takes care of all of that, but our breast still show, just in a bra now.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
 Wow, traveler, I agree with sideset, that bra looks great on you 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
😁 Thank you both!

Offline SideSet

Traveler,

You sound proud, and I think you should be. Are you? 

Do you have a picture with a top one?

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
So, I've been experimenting with sister sizing lately.

My preferred style of bra purely for fun was retro looking two or three piece cup, non-wired support bras with wide straps that were all about enhancement. Google Triumph Doreen for example.

Lately, due to the realization that I might have to one day be a bit more fair dinkum in my choices if I were to to remain discreet wearing a bra more often and in public, I have been looking at seamless cup but non-padded bras. T Shirt bras are out of the question for me because they add bulk. I recently found a bra to my liking:  Naturana #5220 | Bras and Women's Lingerie | aBra4Me

I ordered a 40A for me and a 40D for the missus (;D) from a local store who import them from Europe. My default bra for wearing around the house before then was a 40B soft bra with two piece cups and 5/8" straps from one of our local department stores which just fitted well enough in the band but was too big in the cup. The 40A Naturana cup size was almost perfect but the band, although wearable all day, was probably too tight. Using an extender was not a realistic option because the Naturana band is very narrow (lucky to be half an inch between hook rows) meaning that the extender scrunches up. The other disappointment with the 40A is that the bra was advertised as featuring 1/2" straps, but this one had 3/8" straps and they dug in fiercely.

Because the soft cups were quite compliant, being constructed basically of T Shirt material, I tried the 40D (which did have the 1/2" straps) and found that it fitted almost as well as the 40A but just with a larger coverage area! Not many wrinkles at all. So, I have since ordered a 42B (42A is not available) and we will see how it goes. I promise to take pics one day!

My aim is to get used to wearing a bra far more often than I do now, just in case I have to actually do so.

Interestingly Naturana do make a 42A bra featuring two piece soft cups with a lace insert but I suspect that it would fit me worse than the 42B with stretch cups, because of the cup construction.

Offline Johndoe1

I have to be careful when I sister size up that the cups don't do funny things and I don't have gaping in the cups. If I sister size up, I don't get as much wear out of the bra since it is starting out on the center hooks and not the loosest hooks. I would rather my bras be very snug for better support and appearance.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I agree with John, snug is better. Yeah, I have a bit of detention of my skin after wearing all day, but it really helps to keep my side boob in place. I no longer worry if I have a little more projection with lined bras as they don’t add that much projection, give better shape and help hide the headlights much better. I have definitely moved to the comfort and controlled side versus complete stealth as I’ve realized no matter what I wear I’m going to have bumps.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
Aussie63,  I know the bra cups you’re talking about. They are really cute, often with some lace. Very retro and sexy. They give a lot of lift and shaping, often close to bullet

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Yes, it certainly gives a different look compared to more modern designs!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024