Author Topic: Question for all Post-ops  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Many of us go through extreme measures to keep our ops secret from friends and family.

How many of you were open with someone about this experience.

How many of you had someone figure out that you had the op, and how did they react?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I originally only told three people: my mom, my girlfriend, and one of my best friends.

The only other person so far to find out has been one of my brothers.  I had my surgery information packet (given to me by my PS's office) in the kitchen along with some vitamins next to it, and I wasn't expecting him to come home.  Later when he was back at school we talked on the phone about it and he was understanding.  I wasn't embarrassed at all.

If your friends / family really care about you at all, it should never be an issue.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My wife Patricia and some guys at work knew that I was going to have surgery.

The people who don't know that I had surgery, 'think' it is from diet and exercise. I started eating a healthy diet and joined the local gym months prior to surgery day.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Spleen

My family knew, some of my wife's family.  I think that's it.  I told my neighbor I had minor surgery without getting specific, but I don't think I'd share details with them anyway, plastic surgery or not.  The only person who gave me any crap was my sister who's a nurse and hates plastic surgery.

Offline Bluesun_Returns

• Silver Member
Heck, I imagine; with some, including myself, it wouldn't have to be told.  It would be obvious.
Bluesun

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
I told my parents(they took me to toronto)and my g/f and bro and sis...they said that if it makes me happy then do it...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Blaze-T

• Posting Member
  • Op on Friday 13th May 2005....
I told everyone I was having a benign growth removed from my chest. I said it was a genetic trait in my family.

Technically thats not lieing as gyne is a benign growth but saying gynecomastia attaches a stigma to you.

My mum, dad, sister, brother and fionceƩ know the truth though.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I've recently lost 10-15 lbs and have begun to wear an UnderWorks compression shirt.  I've had several comments about how thin I look, and I just hope that after surgery my chest will continue to look as thin (or hopefully thinner - I have fake pecs caused from crushing my boobs under that shirt).

I've been tempted to go out and buy a bunch of new T-shirts to wear but I am holding off until after my surgery to see how it comes out.  

I definitely recommend the style 997 comp. shirt from underworks.com to anybody trying to hide their gyne.  It takes a little while to get used to wearing it but it's no big deal to me now.  Hopefully these last 6 days will be the last I'll ever have to wear it.

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
Only my family and two of my best friends know. I've lost weight recently, so getting my gyne removed in two weeks should should fall in synch with the weight loss.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I'm keeping mine a secret from everyone.  I think I can pull it off given the post op surgery experience.  Look in the User Diary section and you will see a thread started by me.  I only have 2 on their so it shouldn't be that difficult.  

It's the scarring I'm worried about because my girlfriend knows how much I love having my nipples tweaked and anytime we have sex, she does that to me to get me to cum faster.  We don't have sex a lot but when we do, I'll be sure to do doggy style for a while.  Kind of graphic but I have to take into consideration all these things.  The only thing I hate is that my surgery is for July 13th and I'm sure it's going to be hot as hell in Toronto.  I'm not looking forward to wearing that vest.  

Offline iwantsurgery

^ i definately want to make sure i have the surgery in winter if i have it, hopefully i'll be lucky enough to have that option.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024