Author Topic: Nipple appearance 3 weeks post op  (Read 2492 times)

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
I'm 3 weeks post op and just wondering if the nipple appearance is normal. One side looks perfect, the other side looks a little different. It seems as though there is a little more areola skin and the nipple, while not 'indented' is flush with the rest of the areola. I barely had any lipo done (since I'm thin) but the skin was undermined and everything is essentially flush with my chest.

Should this (mostly the barely indented nipple) resolve itself over time?

Thanks!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I often tell my patients that although they have one chest, they have two different breasts -- and they behave and heal differently.  It's just like having two kids -- they're different!

You have to be patient and give your body plenty of time to heal.  What counts is te eventual result -- many months from now.  Until then, unless there is an infection or a hematoma (none apparent in your pix), then the best advice is to chill out.  Otherwise, you will get grey prematurely!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Babak Dadvand, MD

• Supporting Doctors
    • My Website
Hi macman213,

Judging from the photos you posted, you still have some bruising which means you are relatively early in the healing process. It's not unusual or alarming at all for your left and right chest to heal at different rates and have different appearances early on. Final results take months, not weeks, and so I would not be too concerned at this early stage.

Hope that helps!

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, M.D.
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
9201 W. Sunset Blvd. Suite M-130
Los Angeles, CA 90069

Phone: 310.278.4200
Email: info@drdadvandplasticsurgery.com
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:28:06 PM by Babak Dadvand, MD »

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
if it makes you feel any better mine look similar to yours post surgery,  I'm 11 months post op and mine are now completely normal.  As the doctors said it will be months before you see close to final results.  Even now I still have a bit of scar tissue on my left side but it has gone down a bit in the past couple months. 
Results look great!

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
Thanks everyone! Definitely put me a little more at ease. The 'puffy nipple blues' are definitely in full swing as that side continues to swell. I know its normal and I just need to relax :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024