Author Topic: some tips to combat gynecomastia  (Read 16542 times)

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
Now that I re-read the initial post, it sounds like a misguided cardio workout to be quite honest.  ;) I adopted a regimine like this, when I first started working out. You will not bulk very quickly, but you sure will lose a lot of weight.  ;D (Or kill yourself...)

Weight Lifting/Bulking is not really primarily concerned with fat loss, as a matter of fact you can often bulk faster by adopting habits that would lead to fat gain as well as muscle gain.

For instance, watch a strongest man competition or something of that sort. Those guys are definately strong, however very few of them are "cut" and "lean." Some ignorant dudes may even assume that some of them are simply obese.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 07:14:32 AM by IlluminaZero »

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Well I saw my GP a few weeks ago. Apparently he agree's I no longer need gyno surgery and he will not speak to the surgeon as it isn't an issue now.I still have one slightly puffy nip which is gland but apparently it is not worth the slight scar .My worry is if I gain weight it will become noticeable again but I guess this is an incentive not to eat pie. ;D

What is odd is my potbelly took more shifting than the gyno... It is done now though .This is all due to exercise and diet. Amazing what those two things can do.Iam currently running five miles three times a week and going to the gym three times a week plus I do circuits and grid sprints after the runs.

Iamnot doing all that just to get rid of the gyno I'm not that bonkers ;D  , asIam going for a job that has very high fitness standards .Yes I bench press , flat and incline. Yes I do pressups. No it did not make the gyno worse... at all.
         Which is odd as a lot of ps's say bench pressing makes gyno stand out more. Gone from being on a waiting list for surgery to not needing it, pretty good I think.It just does to show though how much exercise you need to do to see an effect on your chest.
      When I was building up to that I didn't see any difference until I was regularly running about three miles .
       So I agree in SOME cases exercise makes a huge difference.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
Don't even touch creatine if your under 20, you'd be an idiot it will ruin your kidneys especially if you drink as well. My cousins kidneys would of been ruined if he had not stopped.

use protein drink supplements just as effective ZERO risk (unless u eat sihtloads of protein only bad for your colon but that'd have to be very long term consumption like 10 years)

I moved from 45 lbs on each side of a bench press to 45 lbs + 10 + 5 on each side in 2 weeks with protein only and discipline.

Creatine would not of made that any faster (that is an increadibly big gain for doing 3 sets of 10 in 2 weeks)

During this increase my gyne did get worse. it sticks out more in t shirts but when i flex its all more muscle... but it does make it stick out i'm sorry but i tried working out and since 35 lbs on each side every additional muscle gain made my gyne protrude when non flexed.

Unless you walk around flexed all day i fail to see how it doesnt make it worse. Saying anything of the opposite i feel is a flat out lie (i know you didnt mean it but they should know )
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 04:33:56 PM by brownman »

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
Don't even touch creatine if your under 20, you'd be an idiot it will ruin your kidneys especially if you drink as well. My cousins kidneys would of been ruined if he had not stopped.

use protein drink supplements just as effective ZERO risk (unless u eat sihtloads of protein only bad for your colon but that'd have to be very long term consumption like 10 years)

I moved from 45 lbs on each side of a bench press to 45 lbs + 10 + 5 on each side in 2 weeks with protein only and discipline.

Creatine would not of made that any faster (that is an increadibly big gain for doing 3 sets of 10 in 2 weeks)

During this increase my gyne did get worse. it sticks out more in t shirts but when i flex its all more muscle... but it does make it stick out i'm sorry but i tried working out and since 35 lbs on each side every additional muscle gain made my gyne protrude when non flexed.

Unless you walk around flexed all day i fail to see how it doesnt make it worse. Saying anything of the opposite i feel is a flat out lie (i know you didnt mean it but they should know )

im disagree but thats just me, i remember when i was a overweight teen an gyne was a lot worse i actually had breasts, now my chest is wide an big an i dont flex all day i just got these nips

Offline darren0523

only cure for gyne is surgery. Glands are not fat and therefore you will not shrink them with excersize, loosing weight or gaining muscle will only make the gyne more prominent.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
only cure for gyne is surgery. Glands are not fat and therefore you will not shrink them with excersize, loosing weight or gaining muscle will only make the gyne more prominent.

And which PS told you that? ;DI went to see a PS a year ago and was told pretty much the same thing. Moderate  mixed gyne mainly fat but some gland there, diet/ exercise will make it worse etc etc, A year later had to go back to see the same PS for an assessment before the op as I was having it done by the nhs in the uk. She now says I do not need an op due to weight loss / exercise. Never admitted she was wrong though ::)

My point is gyne varies from case to case , and different amount s of gland and fat make it up. Some people will have success with diet/exercise some won't.

Offline JMR

Great workouts.
Long story short, I use to weigh 185lbs and am 160lbs now. I bench alot and etc, but my Gyne problem is still there no matter how much muscle I gain. I think surgery is my only option now even though Im very scared of the knife. Lets do it!

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
well for me, i have a glandular case of gyne. doing bench press, just pushed the glands, making my gyne more obvious. wtf...
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
thing is, lots of people here have nearly killed themselves working out thinking it would improve the gyne and discovered, unless they focused on the upper part, it did tend to make it more visible.  if you develop gland tissue, even the diffuse fat kind, working out just will not make it remit.  i'm thinking it's possible you were fortunate enough to have a natural remission, which can happen during the first couple of years, and in fact happens to the majority of those who get it, except the unfortunate few like us.  oops, i mean the elite, that's it ;-)  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 07:14:26 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics

A lot of trainers are recommending the once a week per muscle training.  However cardio can and should be done every day if possible.  Even brisk walking is good.  Wish I followed my own advise.  lol

doing cardio everyday would cancel out all gains from your workout also leaving you completely exhausted. working out 3-5 days a week and 2-3 days a week cardio should be more than efficient and thats only if you are trying to lose a lot of weight fast not put weight on.
Surgery may 4th Dr. Metzner New Orleans
http://deuce-po.magix.net/

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
p.s. long runs cause more muscle atrophy than short quick burst runs with rest between.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member

doing cardio everyday would cancel out all gains from your workout also leaving you completely exhausted. working out 3-5 days a week and 2-3 days a week cardio should be more than efficient and thats only if you are trying to lose a lot of weight fast not put weight on.

Depends what you are aiming to do. If you want to get very  big you don't need to do cardio more than three times a week. However your body will adapt to hard training providing you build up right. I do three long runs a week and  run steps in tower blocks as well twice a week and I have seen huge gains in leg
strength and run times.

Not seen any decrease in upper body strength either in fact I look better due to the muscle I have showing more. IF you build up slow and steady you'd be surprised how much your body can take. Providing you eat good food and rest enough.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024