Author Topic: Another newbie going to Mr Levick  (Read 15075 times)

Offline 8008LESS

• Bronze Member
I wouldn't worry about that until after 4 weeks.
Mine was a complete mess for a few weeks. 

Offline mr_m101

• Bronze Member
I wouldn't worry yet. I noticed fluid when tightening the binder 3-4 days post-op. I tried to compress it for 3 weeks before going back to get it sucked out. I took a video to send to Mr Levick when I was worrying. Hopefully you'll be able to see it here and compare.

Offline 8008LESS

• Bronze Member
That's exactly how mine was too lol 

He drain 30cc out and then I drained anothe 25cc out 1 week later. 

Then that area seemed to go a little hard so today Levick put some kenolog steroid in that area to break down any scare tissue. 

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
Oh well, I had shower yesterday after a week and though I'm happy not seeing any moobs, I definitely have fluid build up. I think it generally happens 1 day post op when you have the cooling pads on as the binder can't be too tight at that point. Just wish I didn't have to go back to have fluids drained, I live miles away! Anyway I didnt like the vests I bought as too tight over stomach but fine over chest so I'll order shorter version for chest only. What I've done now is to wear a t shirt first and then put the binder on it. Somehow it feels more comfortable than the binder directly on my chest as I think this causes lots of creasing etc whenever I get to open the binder. So I'll use this method with tshirt under binder till new vest arrives. Also yesterday evening I noticed my heart beating very fast for no reason, I was at rest most of the time. Since then my chest area seems to sting a bit but I won't open the binder. Just hope there's no bleeding etc as Dr Levick did mention increased BP could cause bleeds. Anyway still early days i guess

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
It seems everyone lately has fluid issues  hope you get sorted out with just one trip. Thats a worry for me too as i also live miles away 

Offline 8008LESS

• Bronze Member
He said to me that your GP might be able to drain locally 

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
I suppose so but still hope the fluid will resolve itself :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024