Author Topic: Confused now...??  (Read 2968 times)

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
Last time I went to my doc he said lipo should be fine. Last week met him again and thru this board did a lil homework, he says he will do excision and maybe lipo if the need be. ???

Now, I am confused what is he gonna do? Is there any way, I can verify after surgery if he has done excision or only lipo?

He is very highly qualified and I have no doubt on his capability.

thx

Offline rcbrown23

What??  Why did he tell you one thing the first time, then another the next?

Generally speaking, if it is glandular (hard lumps) then excision will be needed. A lot of the time lipo will also be used right after the gland is excised. He may be saying he's going to do excision, and when he's in there, he'll be able to tell if lipo is also needed so there are no craters or anything.

I would suggest a second opinion, or at least post his name and area, and maybe someone here knows of him.

Just because a plastic surgeon is "highly qulified" does not mean that he knows what he's doing when it comes to gynecomastia. Ask him how many of these operations he's done, and also for some before/after photos. Don't be hesitant to ask ANYTHING that your worried about, I mean this is your body we're talking about.

-Brown

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
Yea thats what he said. First excision followd by lipo if the need be to give a good contour/shape .

he says he does this a lot and that this is very common problem . in most cases it does not recur unless the person puts on enormous amt of weight.

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
which i guess is becomes a case of pseudogyno.....

Offline vishal_chauhan

• Bronze Member
  • Hello from Mumbai
which i guess is becomes a case of pseudogyno.....(pls correct me if I am wrong)

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
vishal - if you really want to verify that he has removed glandular tissue, simply ask to see it.  I know, I know, it sounds pretty sick but is actually common.  Don't be shy about getting all your questions answered.  Like another guy said, sometimes they honestly don't know what needs to be removed and what technique will best accomplish that result until they get in there.  My advice to you would be study these boards, get some good questions for him and pound away.  Also, get an 2nd and a 3rd opinoin.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024