Author Topic: Choosing a surgeon for GRS...  (Read 6784 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
To All...

I had the following Private Message sent to me recently...

"I just had surgery with Dr. Fielding recently and I came to the board to see what other people had to say about him. I'm reading a lot of bitter comments, should I be concerned about them? From what I've seen my surgery went well, but of course it's too early to see the results.

I guess I'm just wondering if the people bad talking him have legitimate reasons for doing so, or are they just angry people?
"

Many members have strongly recommended Dr. Fielding. Why not, if their surgeries were successful? My surgery went well, so I will always highly recommend JCF. However, individual results may vary! Just because I am happy with my results, does not mean that you will be happy with yours. Keep in mind that GRS is a just a 'fix' and not a 'cure' and that you have to have Realistic Expectations.

Anyways, who ever you choose as a surgeon, the ultimate responsibility for finding a suitable PS is yours, and yours alone. The majority of the membership are not medical professionals. We can only 'recommend' based on 'individual' results.

It's the responsibility of the sufferer to do his own homework when choosing a surgeon...  ;)

GB

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 08:32:42 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
good post bambu, i think its important for the users to understand that...

just a clarification, i guess when you talk about GRS you mean gynecomastia reduction surgery right ? just in cas...  ;)

to answer this guy who sent you this private message, i cant really judge for others because i havent seen their pics. i beleive most of them admit seeing an improvement in the look of their chest. in my case, improvement are not visible. and i'm not just saying that, Fielding admitted it as well.

i just think the procedure did not work in my case... but as bambu said, results vary from one individual to another....

cheers people.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Just a clarification, i guess when you talk about GRS you mean gynecomastia reduction surgery right ? just in cas...  ;)

Yes, by GRS, I mean Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery.

GB

Offline znilracd

• Posting Member
what a lot of people coming on this board DONT realize is that there are a ton guys who we don't see on here anymore... There a lot more fielding patients then most people would care to see. If you look back in past posts, dating back even a few years there has been so many fielding patients that post on here up until their time of surgery and maybe even a month post op. Yet after that they seem to disappear. So it can only be assumed that the surgery went well and they've moved on with their lives, and no longer feel a need to visit this board. Its understandable that the procedure isn't 100% successful and lately thats all the posts we've been seeing on here from the fielding side. I don't post too often but I've been visiting this site for quite a while, I can say by the number of people I've read about having surgery Dr. Fielding seems to me less then 5% are not satisfied.

Offline Traicy

• Posting Member
How could it get worse after surgery?

Offline Traicy

• Posting Member
I live in Fredericton NB, it's a relatively small city with a few plastic surgeons
My parents live in London, ON which is very close to Toronto

Do you guys think I should look for a surgeon here in Fredericton, or I should go to Dr. Fielding in Toronto
Is GRS that crucial that you should really look for a good surgeon or is it easy and the same everywhere?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

How could it get worse after surgery?

What do you mean by this?

I live in Fredericton NB, it's a relatively small city with a few plastic surgeons
My parents live in London, ON which is very close to Toronto

Do you guys think I should look for a surgeon here in Fredericton, or I should go to Dr. Fielding in Toronto
Is GRS that crucial that you should really look for a good surgeon or is it easy and the same everywhere?

GRS is a very technically demanding procedure. You need to find a highly skilled PS who performs the procedure on a regular basis. Sure you could look for a PS in Fredricton, but make sure you do your homework thoroughly. Make sure that the PS has good credentials and that he/she performs GRS frequently... 'Practice makes perfect'  so-to-speak... ;)

Dr. Fielding is also anohter option, as you say. GRS is one of his specialties and he performs more than 150 of them a year. I have seen some good work done by JCF.

The ultimate decision is yours my man. However, as I mentioned, do your homework. Any GP can go on a weekend course and then call him/herself a Plastic/Cosmetic Surgeon  :o. Make sure that the surgeon you choose is qualified/specializes in GRS.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024