Author Topic: Still have puffy nipples 14 weeks post surgery  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Chris Bev

I may be getting slightly impatient but I'm now 14 weeks post surgery and my nipples are still puffy, they are both still slightly numb and I'm still getting the odd twinge in the chest area so I'm hoping they are still in recovery but they seem to be looking like they were before the operation which is really getting me down - is there any advice or anyone with similar symptoms?

Regards
Chris

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The numbness and odd twinges are still normal at this stage -- be patient.

By 14 weeks, though, your nipples should be flat and flush with the chest.  If they are not, then there are two possible scenarios:

1. If your nipples were never flat, from day 1 after surgery, then the surgeon may have left some tissue under the nipple.  If this is true, then it is likely that the nipples will not be flat except via a revision operation.

2. If the nipples were originally flat after surgery, but then began to puff out, then it may be the development of scar tissue directly under the areola.  If this is the case, then you should return to your surgeon to discuss possible cortisone treatment to reduce the scar tissue.

Best to discuss your concerns directly with your own surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Chris Bev

Thank you for your reply Dr Jacobs, although not the news I was hoping for it's good to know.

Thanks again

Offline Dawn8852

• Posting Member
Sorry to hijack your thread bro..

I am facing the same problem with you, and would like to share a photo here..

After surgery = Flat Nipple

3 Weeks Post Op = Puffy Nipple

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024