Author Topic: Gynecomastia seems to be coming back after surgery. (What should I do?)  (Read 2777 times)

Offline dfoush21

• Posting Member
I had my surgery on sept 24th of this year, full gland removal, no lipo just incision. My nipples are inverted except  recently the left side, the gland has returned (there is no sign on glandular tissue on my right). The gland is not the same size as it was before surgery, it doesn't protrude out. But I'm afraid it might grow back the same size and protrude or look uneven. When my gynecomastia first started when I was 14 it also came on the left first then the right. I'm 18 now and my puberty hasn't really stopped yet. What should I do? How can I improve my testosterone levels?

Offline xelnaga13

I had surgery at age 14 and again at age 26 do to regrowth. However, regrowth is very rare. More than likely you are dealing with scar tissue.

I would schedule an appt. with your surgeon and express your concerns.

I would also schedule an apt. with an endocrinologist in order to rule out an underlying cause for the original growth and possible regrowth. This is necessary IMO because a surgeon cannot tell just by feeling if you have regrowth or scar tissue.

Stay away from OTC or RX products aimed at effecting hormone levels. They will not remedy your situation but have the potential to aggravate it. 

FYI... In the event of scar tissue you can opt for kenalog ( cortizone) injection to shrink the tissue, and in the event of regrowth your surgeon may offer discounted/free revision surgery.

Offline dfoush21

• Posting Member
I think it is regrowth because it feels the same when I squeeze it like before surgeery and it aches.

Offline ibartistic18

I don't think you need to worry about it coming back. Raising your testosterone levels is not necessary

Offline dfoush21

• Posting Member
I hope your right, I'm probably making it worst with not exercising and eating right.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You need to spend more time reading about the experience of others here. After Surgery it is common for there to be some swelling. Sometimes this can be significant. It is also common for scar tissue to form in and throughout the area of the surgery. Both of these will diminish in time but it could be several months before you actually see your final result. How long this might take depends entirely upon you and how you heal. Oddly, it would seem that people who heal quickly have more problems. We hear from many young men who tell of not reaching their final outcome in 9 months or more.

Be patient.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024