Author Topic: Nipple hypertrophy .... sigh  (Read 3168 times)

Offline xelnaga13

Well exactly a year after perfect gyne surgery it appears that I am now suffering from a small case of nipple hypertrophy. For those that are not aware, nipple hypertrophy is the growth of the nipple ( the tip on your areola).

Prior to gyne surgery I was constantly touching my chest in private. Thousands of times everyday. Im prone to developing ritualistic habit, as a soothing mechanism... which part of the reason why I was touching them so much. In addition it was to make sure they weren't growing.

After surgery I stopped focusing on my glands and started being critical of my nipples. So in no time my attention and OCD rituals focused on the nipple rather than the larger surrounding area. Consequently the nipple has slightly thicken and elongated, similar to what happens during breast feeding for women.

Im at the point now where Im going to buy large bandaids just to keep my hands from causing further stimulation and growth. Long term Ill consider having it shortened... which can be done in office with local anesthesia. 

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
This worries me. I didn't have the surgery but have the same OCD tendencies of touching the chest many times throughout the day. Very unhealthy mentally, and now it sounds like physically. But is this possible for the nipple to grow larger just by "checking" the chest, not really trying to stimulate them?

Offline xelnaga13

@ Hitchcock- Thank you for sharing. The answer to your question is a distinction I should make. The regular touching of the areola and gland had no physical effects. It was the touching of the nipple itself that lead to the changes.

On a pos. note, nipple hypertrophy isnt anything compared to my previous gyne, in terms of how upset I am/was. Additionally, the corrective surgery is much cheaper.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sorry to hear of your plight. It tends to put a new light on a subject I read about some time in the distant past.

The contention was that stimulation of the breasts, even manual stimulation such as you mention, could be a contributing cause of Gynecomastia. The article went so far as to suppose that a man could, by manual stimulation alone, start to lactate.

The article lacked any scientific references so I dismissed it. This contention might seem odd and just how would the degree of self stimulation be quantified? Even so this might be worthy of investigation.
Grandpa Dan

Offline xelnaga13

I believe the direct stimulation causes the release of prolactin. Prolactin and estrogen have synergistic effects on estrogen sensitive tissue.

I believe my issue is hypertrophy from pulling, pinching, and feeling. Rather than anything hormonal.

Ive had gyno surgery twice already. I am truly a man obsessed with this topic. For me it's directly linked to my brain chemistry. With out sleep or if Im not feeling well I become obsessed. When Im happy and healthy, I think of my condition with the same passion as a pimple on my butt; " who cares" kind of attitude.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024