Author Topic: So I tried telling my parents ....about my surgery  (Read 6954 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Confidentially, I did not see such things all that well as a father myself.

Now, as a Grandparent I am close enough to care and distant enough to be more objective.

If you have problems dealing with your parents, sometimes a Grandparent can be a lot better.

We get so soon old and so late smart.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
i had this problem too. My parents are crazy in the sense that they think their son is perfect no matter what he looks like or what he does, so in response to this perspective I had to suffer a long time before they realized what a big deal this was. theres many solutions. Tell them how it makes you socially phobic and if they persist you could try using a third party.

You might need a third party. Go see a doctor any doctor even if its a shrink/therapist/general with your mom or dad in the room and start inquiring about yourself. As long as the therapist or whoever isnt illinformed they will immediatly confirm your case of gynecomastia and then explain it to your mom. When a doctor is telling your mom that somethng is wrong with you then she will have to listen....otherwise its called denial

Be careful tho as this can back fire. If they dont know what gyne is or they tell you its not that bad and wait a few years. They like to make kids wait a few years. So take a careful approach so this doesnt backfire but only you can know that outcome.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:52:00 PM by Badgene »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024