Author Topic: vitimin E suplementaiton after surgery, interesting question?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
i was told to stop taking anything with vitimian E in (like multi-vits or omega 3 capsules) pre operation as it affects clotting and stuff like that.

i know the benifits of massaging vitimian E rich porducts like coco butter and bio oil into surface scars...

i am 2 weeks post op and have been researching stuff about how to reduce scaring and noticed a lot of female breast implant information sites saying to take vitimian E as it may reduce internal scar build up and also soften internal scars so that they can be removed easier by the body :o.

thought this was interesting to debate as seems to me many people get good results after surgery but scar tissue can puff out the nipples again after a while and takes ages to break down, it at all disapearing  :-\.

what are peoples opinions on this?
has anyone tried taking vitimain E (as in oral tablets) after surgery and noticed and reduction or prevention of scar tissue build up?

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I think the oral Vit E is discouraged around the surgery time due to effects on bleeding. Post-op, my doc recommended putting Vit E on the scars after 3 weeks. Don't know about oral E effecting internal scarring.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024