Author Topic: getting surgery on NHS  (Read 1914 times)

Offline dennyboy

OK GUYS WHERE DO I START

well im 39 and been bodybuilding for 2 years now ever since i was 13/14 i have had the puffy nipples thing and all through school etc i was teased man boobs etc even my work but i laughed it off cause i have a mild case the surgen says anyway,i never new much about what i had until the internet i surfed and found sites and learned that i had puffy nipples /gyne and then i found this site and looked at all the replies and answers from different people and how severe their gyne was also looking at pics as well and juged myself on that how severe my gyne was and to be honest i have a mild case,still noticeabl through a t-shirt the puffy nipples but when cold you wouldent know, now the reason i started bodybuilding was to get rid of my gyne which i thiought at the time was fat but i was wrong i have never took steriods in my life and never will,i looked at replies on here about how much it costs to get this operation but i thought i would take a chance and try the NHS cause i have paid my taxes from day 1,i went to my doctor first and told him my story and how embarressed i was to go swimming wit my son etc so he said he would write a letter and lay it on thick for me this was in october 2007 i went back just before xmas to give blood tests and after that i waited to see what was happening and i got an appointment for plastic surgery on the 14 feb 2008 i spoke to doctor and surgen about my concerns she the surgen checked me out and kept asking me have you taken steriods i kept saying no (the truth) cause she said if you have it takes the elasticity out of the skin and it never goes back to normal but she told me she would cut round undr the nipple and remove gland also lipo as well and i would be in hospital for 2 to 3 days or at least until the drains come out and be in a tight compresion vest and be off work for a month she also tld me this is more common than you think but you have a mild case she told me to book an appointment for 3 months time and we will take it from their so its all go from here, i will post some pics to give you guys an idea of how my gyne looks so any comments would be appreciated.

thanks

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
You should post your location and doc's name. It seems others have had problems getting NHS to pay up.

Offline dennyboy

i will once i have had the operation i dont want to rock the boat the seceret is to lay it on thick to your gp as in if i dont get this cured i will do something silly and hey it works,why should people who are fat get tummy tucks or lipo when its self inflicted and us people who are born with this problem and live a life of hell all through our lives or until it get fixed have to try so hard to get it fixed on the NHS,

I REST MY CASE

Offline outertrial

she told me to book an appointment for 3 months time and we will take it from their

Does that mean you get the op in 3 months time or just another consultation? The NHS is pretty famous for messing people around like this so be prepared.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
check out the uk-specific message boards off the main page, they have a bit of discussion of the nhs as well as comparison with going private. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024