Author Topic: what do u think  (Read 2165 times)

Offline DARK LYRICS

• Posting Member
ok i went to see a doctor and i told him i have gynecomastia he told me what i have is just fat because he said he could not fell any gland, then he had me get a sonogram and this is what the results said

BREAST SONOGRAM:

A sonographic examination of the breast was performed with multiple views recorded. The study fails to demonstrate the presence of any discrete masses in either breast at this time.

thats what it said so does this mean i have no gland and its just fat he told me what with working out i could lose the gyno, but i told him i started having this since puberty and i was like 30 lbs lesser and i still had this gyno so what do u all say

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Post up some pictures...

Offline DARK LYRICS

• Posting Member
my nipples are puffy and they point out and the areola is the size of a quater

Offline DARK LYRICS

• Posting Member
so does anyone know if a sonogram can or cant detect glan in gynecomastia of what??

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
ok i went to see a doctor and i told him i have gynecomastia he told me what i have is just fat because he said he could not fell any gland, then he had me get a sonogram and this is what the results said

BREAST SONOGRAM:

A sonographic examination of the breast was performed with multiple views recorded. The study fails to demonstrate the presence of any discrete masses in either breast at this time.

The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines 'Gynecomastia' as:

Gynecomastia

Main Entry: gy·neco·mas·tia
Pronunciation:  \ˌgī-nə-kō-ˈmas-tē-ə\
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from gynec- + Greek mastos breast + New Latin -ia
Date: 1881

: excessive development of the breast in the male

The 'Experts' are so quick to say that it's 'just fat' and you just have to 'work-out' more. Well those so-called 'Experts' are MORONS! If you have breasts, then you have breasts. Whether it be all gland, all fat, or a combination of the two, then you have Gynecomastia!

Gyne: 'Woman like'   Mastia: 'Breasts'.....

So... Gynecomastia means 'Woman-Like-Breasts' huh? So then why when a guy has boobs and the 'Experts' cannot detect 'a mass', they say "It's not Gynecomastia"....

If any of the so-called 'Experts' are reading this, it doesn't matter if the sufferer has all gland, all fat, or a combination of the two, the sufferer still sees themselves as having breasts..... and it needs to be rectified... 

I am baffled by the continuous belief that if a guy has 'Woman-like-breasts', with no firm/hard mass, then all he needs to do is exercise/work-out...

Anyways guys...  even if your chest is just fat tissue, it is very, very difficult to get rid of. Why not take advantage of modern surgical techniques... I wonder if a PS would tell a woman who wants a 'Tummy Tuck'  "Well dear, just do a few more sit-ups".  Or... if a woman wanted a 'Breast Reduction' (that sounds familar huh?)...  "Ah well, all you need to do is some 'pec' exercises....".  Hmmmm....  ::)

GB
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:05:07 AM by Grandpa Bambu 111 »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Couldn't agree with GB more.

Many posts on this Board seem to be concerned about whether the tissue they have on their chest is fat or gland.  IT DOESN"T MATTER -- the mere fact that tissue is there in excessive amounts is what matters.  That is what qualifies as "female breast" (gynecomastia).  There is often debate about whether one may have pseudo-gynecomastia (fat) or (glandular) gynecomastia -- again, it doesn't matter if you plan to have surgical removal. 

Many men think that if they have "only fat" that they can exercise it away.  In fact, this happens extremely rare, for the body likes to deposit fat on the breast area and it is often the last to go away with exercise (you would have to have an extremely low body fat percent).

When surgery is performed, the excessive tissues (whatever they be -- fat, gland or most commonly both) are removed and the chest sculpted.  That is the essence of the operation -- fairly simple.  However, doing this well and safely, and knowing how much to remove and how much to save -- that is the art and skill of surgery.  And as I have stated before, going to an experienced surgeon is imperative because the first operation is the best opportunity to get a first rate result.  If secondary surgery is necessary, it is always much more difficult because you are working through the scar tissue which resulted from the first procedure -- and you rarely catch up.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024