Author Topic: Letrozole Taper! Cutting tablets into 1/8. EXPERIENCE WITH DRUG NEEDED!  (Read 10094 times)

Offline lee_fitness

• Posting Member
Hi,

Any Experience on Dividing 2.5mg Letro Tablets e.g. 1/8?

I have been using Letrozole to treat first signs of minor Gyne. Treatment going well. I am currently dosing at 2.5mg pd and will shortly be needing/wanting to look at a taper off over a 15 days period as follows:

TAPER DAYS (doses based on a 2.5mg tablet cut into 1/8)
1) 2.187mg
2) 2.187mg
3) 1.875mg
4) 1.875mg
5) 1.5625mg
6) 1.5625mg
7) 1.25mg
8) 1.25mg
9) 0.9375mg
10) 0.9375mg
11) 0.625mg
12) 0.625mg
13) 0.3125mg
14) 0.3125mg
15) 0.3125mg + either Clomid 50mg 5-10 days if needed +/ 25mg Aromasin week 1-2

I have Arimidex, Aromasin, Clomid as ancillary drugs.

Nolva/Tamoxifen on hand as a precursionary measure BUT i will not want to be using as a 1st measure of defence against any possible estrogen rebound, due to it being shown to actually increase progesterone receptors. And i want to avoid ANY POSSIBLE route tht could cause rebound. I now progesterone will be as non-existant as estrogen on Letrozole, BUT as a rebound precortion untill i get blood works taken after estrogen treatment, Tamox will be a last line of defense over Clomid as a SERM.

http://blog.anthonyrobertsonline.com/2008/08/the-first-article-ever-written-under-the-anthony-roberts-name/

Regards
Lee

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
My personal opinion is that dosing yourself with the drugs you have mentioned (here and elsewhere) is not a very bright thing to be doing.

But you didn't ask for my opinion and could probably care less what it is.

All questions are worthy of an honest answer though, So here it is.

To cut a tablet into eighths, you will need a small mortar, eight gelatin capsules, and enough sugar or corn starch to fill the capsules. it would help to have a bit of food grade dry coloring.

Grind the tablet to powder, add the sugar or starch and continue grinding, add the color and grind until the color is even, encapsulate.

From your other posts, I gather that you will have no problem finding the things needed.
Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
when you get to 1/4 tabs just start going to EOD then E3D to taper off. letro has a fairly long 1/2 life and by the time you get to that point you're not trying to further suppress E, your just trying to prevent rebound...

IMO, arimdex + nolva is a better PCT. you get the anti aromatase while stimulating FSH & LH. letro is overkill IMO for PCT

hell you could just get a pill cutter, cut the pill into 1/4 and then bite it as close to in half as you can each day to get 1/8ths... probably give you more even blood levels than going EOD or E3D. at that dose and with it's halflife, you're not going to see much difference IME
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:23:42 PM by moobius »

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
IMO the taper doesn't go down low enough in dose. Also 2 weeks of tapering may still cause rebound. Last thing you want now is a huge spike in oestrogen after all this effort. You could add another week in if you manage to get down to 0.3125mg with tabs. Go EOD for half the extra 7 days and E3D for the other half.

Letro has a half life of between 2 and 4 days, meaning if you have a high blood plasma level of it now (you will being on 2.5mg ED), then it may not drop by enough after the 14 days. As mentioned it's also extremely strong, too strong in most cases (for on cycle use that is).

Offline lee_fitness

• Posting Member
Great Information again thanks Clandestine!!

Thought id pay a visit to see how the board is going. I treated Gyne sides with my 2 week taper plan splitting the Letro tab into 1/8's and finishing on 2 weeks of Aromasin 25mg to avoid rebound.

Total time on:
6 weeks at 2.5mg
2 weeks at taper dose decreasing in 1/8's

I now wish i had Tapered Letro at the 3 weeks or even a possible 4 weeks IHMO. For some unknown reson ive got what i can only explain as an E rbound, this happend 4 weeks after Last Letro Dose 2 weeks after last Aromasin.

This happened with me being drug free no AAS at all. The only thing i was talkin at the time was DIM at 400mg pd (200mg morning 200mg night b4 bed) This was for estrogen ratio control and as a post estrogen herbal treatment to help Naturaly Sabalise blood levels etc.

I was also Taking Milkthistle in preperation for a Detox (colon, bowel flush etc) ready for my blood works to be taken on Estrogen works etc.

Could DIM have been the caus of this? Or even the Milk thistle? or both.

I cant see it being DIM as its coverts bad to good estrogen, maybe it helped produce to much estrogen after such low amount of estrogen in my body and cause it this way??. and milk thistle? the only way i could see this happening is if by processing the toxins through my Liver etc in turn it some how weakend remains of estrogen protection in the blood? But these are only Theorised guesses.

Any experience or Knowlage??

ps started another estrogen treatment. seems to have gone a lot quicker this time round, first week in to it. (fingers crossed it goes quickly this tme, as in this week!! i dont want to be on e - protection again for any much longer)

Regards
Lee

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024