Author Topic: Gynecomastia Surgery combined with other Lipo?  (Read 2777 times)

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
Hello all - Newbie to the forum...

I have been considering Gynecomastia Surgery for quite a while now, and thinking about going through with it.  I have yet to officially decide on a doctor and make my first consult, but I've been studying up on it for over a year. 

What I'd like to know is if anyone has undergone any other type of Liposuction or Liposculpture for other parts of the body at the same time as their gynecomastia surgery?  I would ideally like to loose some additional weight I've put on over the last few years, then have gynecomastia surgery and some type of adminoplasty or liposculpture of the abdomen. 

I'm 6'3" 240lbs.  I have developed some extra "fluff" on the stomach, which I have been able to drop significantly with weight loss in the past.  My gynecomastia has shrunk a minuscule amount during weight loss, but I noticed a small bit in reduction. 

My thoughts are, if I can combine the two procedures, I can get the results I'm looking for without the hassle and expense of other surgeries - so long as the MD is highly skilled in both procedures.   

Any comments?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, this can be done.  I frequently combine gyne surgery with liposuction of the entire abdomen and hip rolls (love handles).  I restrict this operation to men who are in reasonable shape and have a BMI under 30.  Your BMI, which is a very rough calculation, is exactly 30.  So you would qualify, although it would be better if you could lose a bit more weight.

This operation is obviously longer than just the gyne operation, there is more anesthesia and the recovery is longer as well.  But the benefits are a completely sculpted torso.

Check out these photos (under Torsoplasty):  http://gynecomastiasurgery.com/photo.asp

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I agree with Dr. Jacobs.  It is not uncommon to undergo liposuction in several anatomic areas at the same time.  Suctioning the abdominal wall and flanks or "love handles" doesn't add that much extra time, as these areas are adjacent to the chest (obviously) and all areas can be prepped at the same time. 

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

DrBermant

Hello all - Newbie to the forum...

I have been considering Gynecomastia Surgery for quite a while now, and thinking about going through with it.  I have yet to officially decide on a doctor and make my first consult, but I've been studying up on it for over a year. 

What I'd like to know is if anyone has undergone any other type of Liposuction or Liposculpture for other parts of the body at the same time as their gynecomastia surgery?  I would ideally like to loose some additional weight I've put on over the last few years, then have gynecomastia surgery and some type of adminoplasty or liposculpture of the abdomen. 

I'm 6'3" 240lbs.  I have developed some extra "fluff" on the stomach, which I have been able to drop significantly with weight loss in the past.  My gynecomastia has shrunk a minuscule amount during weight loss, but I noticed a small bit in reduction. 

My thoughts are, if I can combine the two procedures, I can get the results I'm looking for without the hassle and expense of other surgeries - so long as the MD is highly skilled in both procedures.   

Any comments?

Yes, Liposuction of Abdomen, Love Handles, and other Regions can be combined withGynecomastia Surgery. 

Weight Loss Before Surgery is typically better than weight loss after.  Losing weight is a coarse tool, and plastic surgery is better reserved for refinement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Liposuction Body Contouring

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024