Author Topic: Question for older guys on here  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
Im told that because of my age (53) and a lot of sun exposure, I've lost a bit of elasticity, and can expect after the surgery 'a slight residual  fold under the breasts' that will still look normal for a guy my age. Anyone have any expereince with this and can you tell mewhat this might look like?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
That's true.  The amount of excess skin you have after gyne surgery is determined by the amount of excess you have preop and also by your skin's ability to contract.  The older we are, or the larger we are, the less our skin can contract after weight loss (or tissue loss, in the case of gyne surgery).  There are skin excision procedures available if there's excess skin present after the gyne surgery.  Probably the most popular is the circumareolar or "donut" lift, which involves taking out a ring of skin around the nipple-areola complex and "purse-stringing" the skin together. But to specifically address your question, I think a little skin excess on a man's chest in middle age (I'm your age, BTW) is acceptable.  I actually have a little left after my gyne surgery myself.   

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
i was 48 when i had my surgery.  no excess skin here.  totally flat.  had lipo only.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024