Author Topic: Yogurt and estrogen and gynecomastia  (Read 11768 times)

Offline gynomangynoman

• Posting Member
Hi All,

I just happened to read online that Yogurt has estrogen.
So I was wondering that eating yogurt will grow breast in men
if eating two cup of yogurt a day since it has estrogen in it?

I am eating two 8oz of yogurt cups a day to get protein because
I am vegetarian.

I'd surgery about one and half year ago for gyne and it is gone
but I want to make sure that it doesn't come back eating
yogurt. I don't eat soy product any more.

Thanks.

-G'manG'man

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
wow i would really like to know this too.......

im sitting here just after eating yogurt! i can still taste it in my mouth  :-\

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
Isn't yogurt dairy?  I'm a vagitarian.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes, Yogurt is dairy. Some dietary regimens which are otherwise vegetarian allow dairy products

In the broader sense, find something else to worry about. Hormones from animal product and Phyto-Hormones from plant sources are to be found in minute quantities in many of the foods we eat. If you are in reasonably good health there is nothing to worry about as they are easily dealt with by the liver on the first pass as soon as they are taken in. Unless you have a liver disease, there is no cause for concern. Even if you have a liver disease, your dietary intake of Estrogens is probably far less than what your own body produces naturally anyway.
Grandpa Dan

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
........your dietary intake of Estrogens is probably far less than what your own body produces naturally anyway.

haha...  yup.. thats why we are all here...

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
...I don't eat soy product any more.

don't believe the dairy and beef industry boys' hype and scare, created to defend against the threat to their big-bucks profit supported by massive hormone manipulation.  suggested reading below.  also don't miss the article link two posts after it: 

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13886.msg97561;topicseen#msg97561
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:58:12 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline haisook

• Bronze Member
  • Hormones Deranged.
Only estrogen tablets and estrogen-enhanced food (like chicken on some occasions where the hens are fed estrogenic food to speed up growth) can increase the levels of estrogen in your blood. Any food whose source is an animal has estrogen. But that doesn't mean it's harmful to you as a man. Also, as Paa_Paw, a normal liver does a good job metabolizing estrogen (although excess estrogen like in testicular tumors is too much for the liver to get rid of, and will manifest as gynecomastia and other signs).

In short, you can eat yoghurt to your heart's content. ;)
I'm a medical student with gynecomastia. Yeah, medical professionals get it too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024