Author Topic: REALLY worried about the scars  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Yo, I know I've made a thread about this before but I'm LG training in 2 weeks (shirt off) and these scars are as clear as ever. I'm starting to panic. Would it help to put neosporin on them or something?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 12:00:08 PM by Blarneystoner »
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
Try some coco butter cream...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline rcbrown23

My scars are also pretty noticeable on one side. I went out yesterday in my back yard and got a nice little sun burn. I used a Q-tip and applied the strongest suntan lotion I could find (spf 50 I think) right along the scar. Today I'm nice and pink and pretty much the same color as the scars are, so they are almost invisible. Just an idea.

Anyway...I'm sick of waiting for them to fade. I'm going out and enjoying summer. I'm sure someone will see the scars and ask, I'm going to say I had to have a lump removed on each side, and now it's fine. It's the truth...

-Brown

Offline Bluesun_Returns

• Silver Member
From what I hear, the herbal liquid-medicine called "arnica" is suppose to be pretty-good for treating surgery post-op swelling and scarring.  I'm gonna pick up some myself this weekend.
Bluesun

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
My scars are also pretty noticeable on one side. I went out yesterday in my back yard and got a nice little sun burn. I used a Q-tip and applied the strongest suntan lotion I could find (spf 50 I think) right along the scar. Today I'm nice and pink and pretty much the same color as the scars are, so they are almost invisible. Just an idea.

Anyway...I'm sick of waiting for them to fade. I'm going out and enjoying summer. I'm sure someone will see the scars and ask, I'm going to say I had to have a lump removed on each side, and now it's fine. It's the truth...

-Brown

I think me getting a tan would help to hide the scars. Right now I look like a ghost.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!

I think me getting a tan would help to hide the scars. Right now I look like a ghost.

Yeah just make sure you do cover them up with the strongest sunscrean you can find.  Also, get some Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E and apply it twice a day and maybe that'll help.  They sell it all over the place - I got it from Target.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 06:37:45 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Blarney - if you have LG training soon, what's wrong with just wearing a t-shirt?  I know a lot of life guards who wear shirts.  You're out in the sun for hours at a time.  You don't want skin cancer too.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024