Author Topic: More hormone questions.  (Read 3173 times)

Offline rcbrown23

Hypo... you've helped me in the past and I have a couple of questions I'd like your opinion on (if you're still around here, that is.). Just pm me or reply to this if you're still around. thanks.

Anyone else that knows anything about hormone's and what not... here's a question:

My testosterone (last checked) was at 442, and estrodial at 45. That is low/normal for testosterone, and high/normal for estrodial. Everything else I had tessted was just fine (all the common tests for gyne)... except my DHEA-Sulfate was high at 600 something.

I'm on DIM and zinc, but I don't think it's doing enough, and I'm worried about re-growth. Should I go ask a doctor to prescribe me arimidex, or is there another way to boost my test and lower my est??

what about another form of anti estrogen? like to bodybuilder stuff (6oxo)?

thanks

-brown
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 01:43:42 PM by rcbrown23 »

Offline AngryPuppy

• Posting Member
Hi buddy,

I am curious about the same question as you. After an hormone therapy can your gyne come back? Also, can you tell me mroe about these "gyne" exams you made?...how r they? Thanks

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Does hypo still post here?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
I haven't seen Hypo on here for many months which is a shame.  He was a source of a lot of very useful information.  His knowledge of medical papers and research was almost second to none.  My Endo had not read a couple of the medical papers Hypo had discoverd.

Come back Hypo mate.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Hey Brown, what's up man. Hypo has been gone for quite a while now.  What's going on with you? Do you actually have signs of re-growth or is it just a concern? I know you've already had 2 opps.

Offline rcbrown23

I'm not really sure if it's signs of regrowth, or my imagination playing tricks on me. It's been about six months since my sucessful op, and things are going well. I just noticed that when one of my nips is hard (cold), there is a tough spot that I do not remember being there. Could be my imagination...could be regrowth.

After my first op, which was lipo only, I had some regrowth after about six months. I did some research, and found that liposuction can actually stimulate the gland to grow again, if it did not get most of it in the first place. I figured that was my case because I haven't had ANY signs of activity in my gyne since age 12 or so. I still didn't want to risk it... so I went to an endo and had the tests done. Results showed that my testosterone was low/normal and my estrodial was high/normal. Probably not enough of an imbalance for breast growth, but still not optimal.

After consulting with hypo, I started taking DIM and zinc. I immediately noticed a huge difference. After the FIRST day of taking the DIM, I slept 1000 times better, and I felt all around in better health. I assumed this helped my test/estrodial enough to not have to worry about re-growth, so I scheduled the op.

Everything's been great, and here I am at six months post, and just a little worried about re-growth. I ordered some 6oxo, but I'll only use it as a very last resort (to stop growth untill I can see an endo, if it's growing). I'm not really worried about it... but I would like to raise my testosterone and lower my estrodial for other health reasons. I work out like crazy, but can't really gain any solid muscle. I assume it's because of low testosterone.

-brown

Offline bathroom

• Posting Member
What's DIM?  

Isn't Zinc in meat and whatnot?  I'd think you'd get alot of that.

Offline rcbrown23

Yes, I had serious troubles sleeping, among other thngs.

DIM is an estrogen regulator. It's all natural, it has no side effects or anything like that, and it WORKS.I'm really not sure if it's very smart for me to recomend it, as many people think you should "consult your doctor first"... but ... what the f*ck ever. It REALLY helped my situation, and I know there's others that swear by it.

http://www.ritecare.com/prodsheets/PHY-15336.html

If you have higher than preferred estrogen levels, this will help. Warning - it is powerfull, and the dosage is very important. Most people take just a quarter to a half pill a day. If you take more, it can lower your E2 too much, and the symtoms will feel a lot like if your too high. So it's important to start at maybe 1/4 pill a day, and see how you feel.

-brown

again... might want to talk to a doctor before use.

Offline bathroom

• Posting Member
I just read up about some of that stuff, DIM.

Why haven't I heard of this before?

I'll definitely try it.

Right now I have an endo appt. to try to get Raloxifene.  I have glands about the size of a chestnut, it bugs me.  I'm old too, so it's been around forever.  

It' just small enough so that surgery seems silly and big enough to bug me.

Offline rcbrown23

Bathroom, wait to try it untill after you've seen your endo. Are you sure you even have high estrogen? Get the proper tests done while you're on no meds... that way you know where you stand naturally.

-brown

Offline bathroom

• Posting Member
I think it's the ratio of test to estrogen.  Supposedly DIM raises free test and blocks estrogen on the breast site, I think.

My test is low, borderline testosterone replacement.  My est was "normal".  But the ratio is out of whack b/c the test is so low.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024