Author Topic: 1 Year After Surgery and STILL GOT IT  (Read 4933 times)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Okay, guys. It's been about a year since I've been on these boards so I thought I'd let y'all know my experience.

I had bilateral excision and lipo about a year ago. Although the Doc indeed excised the gland from underneath each areola (if I rub my areola hard I can feel a very pronounced "dip" where the gland use to be... it's kind of creepy, but at least I know it is GONE), my nipples are STILL PUFFY. This is baffling to me because I know that the glands are gone. Before surgery I could feel the big hard lumps. Now, I can feel the big, empty crater in my chest. Yet, both nips are still puffy.

I would say that my condition looks about 25-40% better than it did, but it still sux. I still cannot go shirtless.

At this point, I don't know what to do because there is no more gland to cut out. The puffiness that is still existing cannot be due to the presense of glandular mass.

Who knows, maybe since I had "the puff" for about 15 years my nipps are forever puffy.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Dr. B, how often do you do revisions for cases like this? What could still be causing the puff?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 12:38:24 PM by STILLgotIT »

DrBermant

Okay, guys. It's been about a year since I've been on these boards so I thought I'd let y'all know my experience.

I had bilateral excision and lipo about a year ago. Although the Doc indeed excised the gland from underneath each areola (if I rub my areola hard I can feel a very pronounced "dip" where the gland use to be... it's kind of creepy, but at least I know it is GONE), my nipples are STILL PUFFY. This is baffling to me because I know that the glands are gone. Before surgery I could feel the big hard lumps. Now, I can feel the big, empty crater in my chest. Yet, both nips are still puffy.

I would say that my condition looks about 25-40% better than it did, but it still sux. I still cannot go shirtless.

At this point, I don't know what to do because there is no more gland to cut out. The puffiness that is still existing cannot be due to the presense of glandular mass.

Who knows, maybe since I had "the puff" for about 15 years my nipps are forever puffy.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Dr. B, how often do you do revisions for cases like this? What could still be causing the puff?

The phrase puffy nipples really means different things to different people.  Standardized pictures can better describe a condition than vague words.

I perform many revision male chest sculptures for patients of other doctors.  Secondary techniques I use really vary from patient to patient.  Options for revision gynecomastia surgery depend on the original problem, what was done, aftercare, how you healed, expectations and other factors best explored during a consultation or a preliminary remote discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
here's a photo. notice how the nip closest to the camera. keep in mind that my arm is raised while shotting this picture.  it looks worse when my hands are at my sides.

so what does 'puffy nips' mean now that you can see a pic?

DrBermant

here's a photo. notice how the nip closest to the camera. keep in mind that my arm is raised while shotting this picture.  it looks worse when my hands are at my sides.

so what does 'puffy nips' mean now that you can see a pic?

Although a single non-standard picture does say more than words, it does not say enough as a full series of standard photographs.  I prefer to help patients explore their individualized options during a consultation where I can evaluate important information like pictures before their surgery, operative details, and doctor's progress notes.  An examination on how the tissues feel and move is essential.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline rcbrown23

Dude, if you are worried about going shirtless because of that, your crazy. Plenty of peoples nipples stick out a bit, I think it looks perfectly fine and normal.

Go out on the boat and you'll see that  no one will notice anyting abnormal about your chest, except you. Continue to go out and build confidence. It looks fine.

Just my two cents.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Thanks RC.

i guess i've become a victim of the self-image I have created within my mind for the last 15 years.

Offline rcbrown23

I agree. I'm sure it's tough after living with it for so long. I didn't mean to be harsh, but I really think that it is more in your head at this point. Like I said, I think that if you go shirtless you will see that no one will notice anything. It may be hard the first time, but continue to do it and build up confidence. Tell yourself it looks fine and in time it WILL look fine even to you.

Good luck man.
                                     -Brown

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude, if you are worried about going shirtless because of that, your crazy. Plenty of peoples nipples stick out a bit, I think it looks perfectly fine and normal.

Go out on the boat and you'll see that  no one will notice anyting abnormal about your chest, except you. Continue to go out and build confidence. It looks fine.

Just my two cents.

I agree with 'rcbrown23'. You look fine.

Dr. J. C. Fielding told me during my consultation that after the operation, I may 'think' that I still have Gyne but really dont. Having Gyne removed is the easy part. Erasing years of emotional scarring is the difficult part.

Dude, your chest/areolas look fine. Take the T-shirt off and relax!   :D
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yeah it's puffies still, but it could be worse.  whether or how you take it from here is up to you.  but congrats on the improvement.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
yeah it's puffies still, but it could be worse.  whether or how you take it from here is up to you.  but congrats on the improvement.  

thanks headheldhigh.

have you ever heard of a case of puffies being caused by something OTHER than glands? i thought that the existence of the overgrown gland was the cause of the puffies?

i have no doubt that this is the case in my situation, because the puffies used to be much larger and almost "inflated." now they are smaller and don't have that "inflated" firmness to them. they are almost soft. i wonder if it will ever go down.

one of my hopes after surgery was that i'd get to wear the other 80% of my wardrober that i have. with puffies i cannot wear most of my clothing. so, that has not changed at all..

right now i am just going to lose all the excess fat that i am carrying and see how that affects it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 04:12:16 AM by STILLgotIT »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if i remember right, bermant usually discusses it as a function of tension in underlying muscles.  seems like if you had a hematoma or fluid it might affect things, but i don't know.  he might have had a little info on puffies specifically on his site.  it's not my area of expertise because i never had puffs, just underlying gland.  

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Thats weird. I don't see a dip or even puffy nipples. Looks normal to me. Try taking a picture with your hands at your sides so we can get a better view of what you are talking about.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Some time back, there were pictures posted with the comment that "they are actually much larger than they appear in the photo."

I think you are still seeing the image you have been packing around in your brain for all these years. The camera is incapable of telling a lie.  There are lots of guys who wish they could be as flat chested as you are.

It is time to up-date your self image and move on.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024