Author Topic: booze  (Read 1969 times)

Offline axkiker

• Posting Member
hey i heard somewhere that booze can cause gyno.  is this true.  gosh i hope not because i love my beer

later

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member
i think that its all b.s alcohol and weed can not cause gyno. i read that if consumed even in HUGE amounts (as in gallons a day), they cause a negligable change in hormone levels, nowhere near the levels necessary for breast growth.

Offline tittyman111

• Bronze Member
halo,
sorry man but thats untrue. I watched a dateline NBC or one of those shows. they had a few doctors on there saying how excessive binge drinking can in some instances cause extreme feminization. alcohol can easily raise estrogen levels. low to moderate drinking will probly not do anything to you besides make u unhealthy and fat. but heavy consumption can increase breasts in men. weed too.

also, when i went to see a doctor about my gyno, the first thing they ask is if u drink and smoke alot.

Offline axkiker

• Posting Member
well i guess i would have to ask what is alot. i dont smoke but yeah im 28 so of course i drink.  What do they consider alot.  i guess you might say im a weekend alchy but thats about it

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member
so what about those that smoke 4-5 blunts a day for years. where are their boobs?

Offline tittyman111

• Bronze Member
of course not everyone has those side effects, but you could almost garuntee their estrogen is higher which in return could cause SOME of them who have the genetic predisposal to get gyno. same thing with roids...some will get it, some wont. but it is definitly a factor.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Tittyman is correct.

The mechanics is different for Marijuana and Alcohol but each can be a factor in Gynecomastia.

Marijuana has the ability to increase the rate of aromatization of Testosterone to Estrogen. This takes place in our fat cells.

Alcohol is very hard on the liver, and it is the liver that neutralizes the Estrogen that we (even as men) normally have. This would cause our estrogen level to be higher than usual after a drinking binge.

Obviously not all men would be equally effected, But the relationship is well documented.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024