Author Topic: Many Questions  (Read 2842 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hello,
I am new to these boards and I have a few questions. I am 24 years old and am in excellent heath and physical condition. For the last 13 years of my life I have been living with gyno. and I decided enough was enough. Here in Canada, I consulted with a surgeon in May, and I will be undergoing surgery sometime between August and October (still waiting to hear off dates). I am lucky in that the surgery will be free, and that I can have it quickly (less than 5 months from consultation date.

I will be undergoing a "sub cutaneous bilateral masectomy" if that helps in any of my questions. There are many experts on this board, and I would apreciate any help that I can get. Now to the questions:

1. In my slim knowledge of gyno. I understand that there are two causes of the problem. The first being an enlarged gland, and the other being excess fatty tissue in the chest area. Now I am uncertain which (or both?) of these afflictions I may have. When I feel my aerola's and chest, it is very soft. It is my belief that the enlarged gland leads to a hardness underneath the nipple, which I do not have. I think that I will be undergoing just lipo, since the doctor never said anything about an excision. However, he never said anything about an enlarged gland. From my description of my case, and the surgery I am undertaking - can anyone tell me whether I should seek just lipo or a gland excision?

2. My other question is related to the first. In terms of pain, scarring, and recovery time, which is the best option? Gland excision, lipo, or both? Ie: is just the lipo option a non-traumatic surgery? Is the gyno excision worse or better than lipo? etc? I hope this question makes sense haha.

3. I am very self conscious about my problem, and I do not want ANYONE to know I am undergoing this surgery. I am a student, and I am employed. If for some reason I have to miss time from either of these occupations, I would hate to tell anyone the true reason. Can anyone give me an excuse or coverup story that may explain the sideeffects of my operation? Ie; chest surgery and/or injuries?

4. I understand that after surgery I have to wear some type of compression vest for perhaps a month. Does this vest show up underneath say a T-shirt? I found a link on this site that advertises "girdle" type undershirts. Would one of these prove sufficent to replace the compression vest (that would show up)? Any other concealment options?

I thank anyone in advance for helping me out.
See you

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
I will be undergoing a "sub cutaneous bilateral masectomy"

mastectomy ??? does that mean surgical removal of breast?
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Yo

1. It's hard to tell over the internet. If you post pictures everyone could give you their opinion. Calling your doctor and asking him about it is your best bet.

2. I had gland excision and lipo. My guess is that lipo only will heal better but having both done still wasn't traumatic.

3. You can either make up a fake problem and tell your friends you're having surgery for it, or you can wait till its close to your surgery date and say you tore your chest muscles or something similar.

4. You can see my vest through my tshirt. Two tshirts hides it really good though. A hoodie and football jerseys also seem to work really good for me.

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
If you have no hardening under the nipple this does not mean you dont need excision. I have the puffy nipple thing still with 2 lipo sessions!!!  I am now going to have to get the excision done next.... not sure when but the 2 lipo's did nothing for me. If I had the excision done first id be healed and lovin it.... but because my p.s said I needed just lipo, im in this situation now....

Dont make the same mistake.... be sure cause 3 times the pain SUCKS

Good luck   Rob

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
1. If you do NOT have any hard tissue, than you prolly have mostly fatty tissue. This however doesnt mean that you dont have ANY gland. The PS will know forsure when he is doing the surgery. Posting pics wil help.

2. I have had two surgeries...lipo only and excision only. Lipo hurt 5 times more than excision of the gland did.

3. Like i said before I have had two surgeries and no one knew about either. I said I had tore a muscle in my chest lifting weights and thats why I had to wear the compression vest. Worked perfectly for me.

4. It does show underneth T shirts (espcially light colored ones) I suggest wearing a black wife beater overtop of the vest, than a dark colored T shirt on top. I still think the best way however is to tell your co-workers you tore a muscle in your chest.
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
Looks like gladular tissue is causing the cone shape of your nipples.

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Agreed.... glandular   :-[  

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
OK, my PS never mentioned anything about gland excision. He did mention lipo... should I just assume that he knows what he is doing and will excise the gland as well?
Should I be persistant with him on this point?
Im not sure how you can tell it is glandular from just the pictures? I am sure it will require at least lipo and possibly glandular exicision.

In terms of my case; is it relatively severe? Ie; should i expect a "grand ole chest routing" with the lipo procedure?

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024