Author Topic: Is gyne ever hereditary and a followup question ..  (Read 4242 times)

Offline miscellaneousmedia

• Posting Member
I hear that it may be inherited. If so, is it real or pseudo-gyne or can it be either and inherited? Also, an unscientific possibly culturally biased observation: I noticed Italian-Americans seem to have this issue a little more than others. True? Others see this?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The condition runs in my family. Both male siblings, 4 sons, and all grandsons over the age of 12 have some degree of gynecomastia.

Concurrently, The girls in the family all have larger than usual breasts also.
Grandpa Dan

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
my dad has it, my moms dad had it, and my 2 brothers have it.  we're not italian and never noticed that about italians, i was too worried about my own...

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
  • You Are What You Believe
Well, I have it...but my brother doesn't.
So I think it really varies… and there is no simple answer to that... ;D

Offline miscellaneousmedia

• Posting Member
For those of you who do have it in your family, is it real or pseudo, meaning is it just all fat and your family accumulates fat there. Or is there some glandular enlargement, as well.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Mine is real, and I just found out a couple of days ago that my grandfather (mother's dad) had it.  Thinking back, I never saw him without at least an undershirt on.  My mom told me her mother used to joke about getting him a bra.  He would respond to it by laughing, but I'll bet he wasn't laughing on the inside.  My ancestry is Scottish, but I believe that gynecomastia is an equal opportunity pain in the ass.  Just look at the posts on this site.  We see African, Asian, Hispanic, European, name your race/culture... Dude, we're all represented here.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline nogyne29

• Posting Member
  • headstrong
i think i inherited gyne from my father. however, his case was always very very mild. only now, as he has aged to about 60 has it become more noticable. yet it still looks pretty normal, especially for his age group. my gyne has always been more severe than his. part of this may be due to using propecia and a steriod once for a short period of time. i am of german, english, and danish heritage. and i believe that men of european discent suffer from gyne at the highest rate.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if that's the case i still think it could be dietary rather than hereditary.  i doubt any studies have been done in the kinds of samples of thousands you'd need to say one group has it more than others anyway.  no other male in my family has it out of four.  and i think it only predisposes you to possibly having it, not guarantees that you'll get it.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline nogyne29

• Posting Member
  • headstrong
good point h.h.h.one. i do believe that diet also plays a significant role in the developement of gyne.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It would be rare to find breast enlargement that was entirely either fat or gland with the other excluded.

Usually there is both fat and gland.

My weight has fluctuated somewhat over the years, But I had Gynecomastia in my teens when at 5' 9' I weighed only 135 lbs.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
that's probably technically true, but it seems to vary a lot, mine is chiefly dense gland with nearly no fat, others are kind of the reverse.  the design of breast would be a gland tissue that accomodates a lot of fat content in order to lactate.  since it's irregular in men, it's going to take a lot of irregular forms.  

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024