Author Topic: COMPRESSION VEST - need help/advice  (Read 5720 times)

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
Hi

The compression belt that I currently use is fine but has velcro on the shoulders and a zipper in front, which are really visible from under my shirts.  Can anyone recommend anything less visible (less bulky around the shoulders etc..) that is as tight and effective?  Thanks in advance.
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
The Underworks are great, Check http://underworks.com/

I like the new full t-shirt one he has. It is comfortable and works really great. On the front page picture it is the second row first one.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I like the new full t-shirt one he has.

I just ordered the muscle shirt in black.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
They (underworks) have a few diff kinds/ single/double layer - any advice on a specific one?  I want it to be as tight and firm as possible, but thin and less visible as well.  Thanks

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I have most of there line and I really like the muscle shirts, and t-shirts and the tank. All are thin and all can be worn alone or under any shirt. I wear them both ways. They can be warm. When I dance I usually wear just the tee shirt and that is plenty even on cold nights. With a shirt as well I really start to sweat.

Merle

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
buble, my vest has velcro on the shoulders as well. Today I put a strip of white duct tape on each shoulder, front to back, and it's helped. It just kind of makes it smooth from front to back, whereas before the lip of the front part of the vest kind of curled up where it attached to the back piece of the vest. I still wouldn't wear a skin-tight shirt with this vest, but I can get away with wearing a semi-loose T-shirt now.

Addition: I should add that I have hook-and-eye closures on the front, not a zipper, so I haven't had a problem in the front of my vest. Perhaps a piece of duct-tape would smooth the zipper handle over too?

What doesn't duct tape fix?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:33:18 PM by TiredofIt »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
What doesn't duct tape fix?

Gynecomastia!   :P

GB

I bet if you taped yourself tight enough it would even cover gyne !!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I just ordered the muscle shirt in black.

GB

Just received my Underworks tank top.

Upon removing the shirt from the packaging, I took one look and thought... this is not going to fit. Damn, it is small. I attempted to put it on. Got half way and again thought... no way dude, this thing is not going to fit. However.... the shirt has alot of stretch/give to it and I managed to get it on. Actually, it's a perfect fit! Very snug! Perfect for concealment or post-operative compression.

Not the easiest thing to remove tho. Almost broke my arms trying to get it off.   :o

GB
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 06:50:24 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
i just ordered an underworks double something or other compression tank top (4 inches longer or similar on the pic)...

merle and grandpa...why the hell are you guys buying this stuff???  arent you 'fixed'???

mines for my upcoming revision...but what do you guys need it for, thought you were gyne free?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Peter...

I knew someone was going to ask that question.   :P

I have read quite a few posts on these compression vests and wanted to see for myself what they are like.  ;)

GB

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
haha ok...i know after my revision, and hopefully the end of my gyne, that will be the LAST thing i'll be wearing...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024