Author Topic: ** Surgery completed 12/05/2011** PICS 32 days post op**  (Read 19192 times)

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
Any stuff we should take with us into the hospital? Like change of clothes, toothbrush,etc?

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Just take as little as possible on the day as you will only have to carry it away with you when you leave. Have you booked your surgery yet mate?

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Removed all the blue pads ect today and blimey it looks really really flat!!! At the minute it looks like my left nipple is pretty indented but i guess this is normal as its only been 24 hours. And it also feels a bit wobbly when i walk around on the left side now. I take it these are both normal?

Other than that everything is fine i feel 99% and i have a pretty good range of movement in my arms ect. When i next have a shower i will get some pictures. I hope it looks normal  :'(

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
I will try to do a day to day account as other guys have and will try snap some photos tomo. Feels like a dream looking back at it now.

Yeah same here mate, still in shock now I think tbh lol.
Glad urs went good dude, keep us posted on how u're doing.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Removed all the blue pads ect today and blimey it looks really really flat!!! At the minute it looks like my left nipple is pretty indented but i guess this is normal as its only been 24 hours. And it also feels a bit wobbly when i walk around on the left side now. I take it these are both normal?

Other than that everything is fine i feel 99% and i have a pretty good range of movement in my arms ect. When i next have a shower i will get some pictures. I hope it looks normal  :'(

Yes it's normal for the skin/flesh to be wobbly immediately after surgery. I remember taking the plasters off and the skin stuck to the plaster and was pulled right away from my chest. Damn near shit myself! And sure, it looks flat now but there will be swelling, which will probably wipe the smile off your face for a while. Nothing to worry about though.  ;)

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
Just take as little as possible on the day as you will only have to carry it away with you when you leave. Have you booked your surgery yet mate?

ok i see, I just imagined that you would need some documents with you or something. Also, I'm just going to get the blood test done there, but was told needs to be paid then. Then I was told there is a procedure fee and then a hospital fee. I was thinking it would just be as simple as paying for everything in one instalment. Not yet booked it, but I need to make a decision soon.

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
2 Days Post op

Hi Guys

I have attached 2 photos that i have taken on day 2 post op.

So far i am pretty pleased with the results i know its only early days but from what i can see Karidis has made my chest alot flatter. My movement is still pretty good to be fair I'm not sure if it gets worse from here or better. I still haven't changed the dressing over my nipples as i thought i would wait until tomo. I changed the ones near my armpits and they seem to be healing pretty well and it doesn't appear that any discharge is coming out. The bruising has started to come out more today. I dont really have much pain when sitting up or getting out of bed the only time it feel sore is when i reach to grab something and have to do this very very slowly as it feels like it pinches a bit with the vest being quite tight. I changed into the spare vest this morning and my god that was tight i struggled to do it up.

I think that i could comfortably drive as well now but could struggle with roundabouts and reaching for the seatbelt.

On the left hand side of my chest it feels a bit wobbly when i walk i take it this is normal? The right hand side doesn't feel like this. Any ideas guys?

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Mate you are looking flat as a pancake !! nice.

Can't comment on the wobbling thing coz I'm all bandaged up like a mummy lol.
But it sounds pretty normal to me mate, you are only 2 days post op and got loads of healing to do. I think I'd phone Karidis Monday if I was still worried tbh.

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Well its only been 2 days so i guess if i had some gland and fat removed it will feel a little wobbly when i walk but i just didn't know why it was on my left hand side and not both? I am hoping its pretty normal, its not massive wobble just if i walk quickly i can feel it wobble a bit.

Ive been out and about today and feel pretty good still feeling pretty tiered but as pain is concerned i haven't touched a painkiller and i feel as though my movement is coming back a lot more.

I changed the nipple dressings tonight for the first time, there was still a tiny tiny open wound on both nipples but i just re-dressed these and hopefully these will be sorted in the next 7 days but i will keep these covered until then.

Just a quick question to everyone, when did you all feel like you could go out on the piss? Would i feel capable next Friday for a few beers do you think?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I've got the wobbles on the left too, but when the vest is off it's gone, so all is good. You will be good for a few beers by friday I would think, probably still a little restricted but otherwise good

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Cheers mate, this has put my mind at ease, i started reading into heamotomas and stuff and started shitting myself! I guess its pretty good waking up everyday feeling like the healing process is slowly getting there. Hows the rest of the feeling in your chest? I can tense my pecs without anypain and the feeling in my chest is pretty good if not still a little numb around my nipples.

All the best with your recovery mate your 7 day pics look nuts i hope mine are that good! are you only wearing your vest at night now?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I felt numb for a few days but it's all come back now except for my right nipple which is on the mend with the odd sensation pulsing through it. Im not tensing my chest yet as every so often when i do push it im reminded by a sharp but short pain around my nipples/lower pec that i've just had surgery done :o
I've decided to go 4 weeks with the vest on 24/7. There is plenty of swelling and tissue healing going on under the skin but i could still wear a t-shirt without the vest no problem and look fine. Just going to sit it out until it feels ready to massage without pain and causing more damage and then get cracking  ;D

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
How are you getting on mate ?
I can't wait to be able to get back in the gym.

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
All going pretty good at the minute mate touch wood, my movement is pretty good and I am getting used to this vest, I'm not showering at the minute just washing with hot water and spounge. I've been out twice driving today just keeping my arms close to my side without overstretching. Pretty comfortable laying down aswell and got used to sleeping on my back. The bruising on my chest seems to be getting better and the feeling has pretty much came back across my chest, I can tense my pecks with no pain ( I guess this is good) overall I'm pretty good but don't wanna get to excited as I know there is alot of healing. I think I am planning on a leg workout next Saturday but this will be only calf raises and leg extensions I'm not messing around with squats yet.

How's your progress mate? Movement ect? You seen the chest yet?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024